tecumseh electronic ignition

I know there are kits out there Bill, but can't remember the name! One of them I think is a person's name but I suffer from CRS. I know there's a couple guys on here that will know what you are asking! I've gotten rid of my HH120 stuff pretty much.

DAC

Tahoe has information on those. Check you tube. Videos there on it Bill. I like to know more too. Since I have an hh120, and have had to change my ignition module. Lucky for me I had a spare engine with one on it. But now, I have no back up. One of the old LAGT magazines I have has info on it. But trying to find it could be a task. Hehe.

Noel

Thanks for all of the replies. I don't need one yet but get to thinking when and if we do. This gets talked about occasionally but if you're like me you forget where the heck you seen them.
The one Ducky mentioned above is the one I believe I heard most about.

(and I had a very nice complete HH100 motor I sold probably a year or 2 ago that I wished I never did)....

Bill

Dave at Overnight has been hard to reach lately for people, not sure what is going on. His is the only true drop in replacement that is stand alone without going to a battery/coil system like say on Kohlers/Onans/etc.

Ed Stoller is the pioneer on conversions, he also has a YouTube channel doing some newer conversions using an ABS sensor and GM HEI module.

I recommend going to Bill Miller's site Garden Tractor Pulling tips, he has a full page on almost every ignition setup you can think off.

About 2/3 down the page is the Tecumseh setups.
If you see the "Dyna S" conversion, my buddy designed that system in 2012. I posted it on a Yahoo group Bill was a member of, a couple years later he put it on his page and claims it as his design. Mine worked well, but there was something in the system that started failing for some reason, I had an extra SSI module so I slapped it back on.

The conversions are easy, usually can be done under $100 if you shop around. The ABS/GM HEI seems to be getting popular, but you have to have the correct parts or it bogs/misses at high rpms.

Read up so you will be prepared.

Hello there, trying to change tecumseh oh160 from a solid state to electric ignition, engine is in argocat. Wondered if any of you have used Ed stollers conversion or the overnightsolutions, and where quite they wired into. Have watched the YouTube videos just can't quite work it out. Thanks

Hello there, trying to change tecumseh oh160 from a solid state to electric ignition, engine is in argocat. Wondered if any of you have used Ed stollers conversion or the overnightsolutions, and where quite they wired into. Have watched the YouTube videos just can't quite work it out. Thanks
I believe if you go to there web site you will find pdf instructions.

@Ducky thank you for that, fingers crossed now.
What exactly are you wanting to do or which system do you want?

Overnights is pretty much a plug and play, just need an extra switch.

There are a few different versions of Ed's system now. I have tried contacting him in recent months but no response. I know he is in his mid 80's so I'm wondering if his health has deteriorated.

There are many versions of different systems so it can be confusing.

Which system was it that someone came up with that used a readily available 70s/80s Chrysler/Ford/GM electronic ignition module?
I was trying to relocate that info recently for a buddy of mine who has been asking for either info on an alternative ignition or to see if I knew where there might be an original setup for one of these engines

What exactly are you wanting to do or which system do you want?

Overnights is pretty much a plug and play, just need an extra switch.

There are a few different versions of Ed's system now. I have tried contacting him in recent months but no response. I know he is in his mid 80's so I'm wondering if his health has deteriorated.

There are many versions of different systems so it can be confusing.

Hello, thanks for response. I have tried emailing Ed but unfortunately no reply. I have a tecumseh oh160 in an early 80s argocat. The coil and condenser both seem to be faulty, so wanting to alter the ignition system. I am a simple farmer in Scotland trying to get argo going for childrens entertainment. The parts both conversions talk about are available over here but can't work wiring out. And all information online with the oh160 seems to be of it in welders, snow blowers and other stuff than the argocat. Thanks all for help.

Which system was it that someone came up with that used a readily available 70s/80s Chrysler/Ford/GM electronic ignition module?
I was trying to relocate that info recently for a buddy of mine who has been asking for either info on an alternative ignition or to see if I knew where there might be an original setup for one of these engines

Ed Stoller is who you are talking about.
His website is http://www.enginesandmagnets.com/
You can click on the page 1, page 2 etc along the top of page to see the different setups.

Back