Tecumseh HH120 plug wire(pic added)

bobcat2

Tractorologist
Hello all,

Is the plug wire on these coils replaceable? It still works, but I found that mice chewed the insulation off but left the conductor intact. I wasn't sure if this model has the spike at the bottom and figured I'd ask before I ripped into it.

If that's not an option, I figured I could form a patch with high temp RTV and put a piece of fuel line around that.

Any other ideas?

20190830_161152.jpg

Thanks,
bobcat2

Last edited:
I don't think the wires are made to be replaced. I would cover the eaten out areas with silicone, smooth as good as possible, let cure, then some shrink tubing over it.

I was hoping they were like OMC coils from that era, pull out the old wire and there was a spike in the bottom that you pushed the new wire onto.

I was hoping they were like OMC coils from that era, pull out the old wire and there was a spike in the bottom that you pushed the new wire onto.
They might possibly be, but I sure don't wanna tell you to pull it out and find out the hard way.

I think you can but that tractor probably had the Generation 1 SSI module, not too familiar with them. I do know it's possible with the later models.

Ed may have the info on his website or you can contact him, he usually responds fairly quick.

Back