Tecumseh tiller motor

Toomanytoys84

Aaron

what is the additional shaft used for? Reverse? Wanting to pick this up for a project. I feel I could change out the side case and remove the extra shaft.

I'm assuming it's a long cam shaft. I wonder if it could just be trimmed off. And let it ride in the bearing

I've seen them used for reverse on tillers. You definitely can just cut it off, and yes it's just an extended length camshaft.

I've seen them used for reverse on tillers. You definitely can just cut it off, and yes it's just an extended length camshaft.
Thanks!

Never seen one before. I didn't realize the guy is 2 hours from me. Not sure it's worth a 2 hour drive for it. I want it for my daughter's bike. The little 2.5hp motor just doesn't cut it. It doesn't even want to move real well with her 80lbs without her using her feet to help shove off.

They are getting to be a bit limited now. Use to be able to find them on almost every snow blower and rear tine tillers.

Most old minibikes came with them too...I have several hs50 and h50s but 5hp is a bit much on a small frame for a kid. 3.5 or 4 is perfect...

I bought up as many 5hp as I could find when they were more available.

Last spring there was a bunch of free stuff by some place and I remember he had a real small snowblower with that same style engine on it with the 2 shafts.
I will keep an eye out this time of year alot of stuff gets tossed in my neighborhood.
I picked up a shelf full of the k91 kohler's over the years for future projects

Just saw a new in box HS40 at a garage sale earlier today. Writing of price on box was sloppy wasn't sure if they want $50 or $150.

Back