Thinking Of Buying A Cub 122.

1967Craftsman's

Tractorologist
Hey y'all.

Well, the deal on the 124 Cub I wanted to buy fell through. The owner wants to keep it now since he bought a hydraulic set up. So now while driving I see a 122 the other day, and today I decided to stop in. The gentlemen's family bought it new and when this gentlemen I talked to today was 12 years old he accidentally ran it into the river. The motor still turns over believe it or not but I don't believe it runs. Not sure if he would like to sell because he said it has a lot of memories with him, so I may pass on it since but he said to "give me a number and I might sell it." Not sure what it is worth in the condition, but I saw a couple on Facebook Marketplace for sale and one is going for $550.00 and the other $600.00 and those I believe are running. I wanna give him a fair number but not one that is insulting, that said I was thinking of offering him $300.00 but $350.00 being my top dollar. It does come with the deck, the wheel weights, and I believe a plow. Here are some pictures of it. Can anybody give me some input on what it may be worth.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance. cub 1.jpegcub 2.jpegcub 3.jpegcub 4.jpegcub 5.jpegcub 6.jpeg

That 122 is pretty rough... no telling what you get more than scrap. Maybe $200-$250 tops???
That is a geared version of my 123. Mine was running and in decent shape + a tiller + a mower deck 12 years ago and I gave $500 then.
It would definitely be a project that could be resurrected..... just depends on how much more money you want to put in to it. If I wanted it to fix and use and keep, I would get it unless you found another that would not be so much work.

I dont think that one has the creeper gear so that would kinda suck if it doesnt. I would check to make sure the drive clutch isnt rusted tight. Nice little tractors when fixed up, I had a 126 with tiller and snowblower I sold for $700cad

I have a 122 with hydraulic lift.it was a gift from an older
Neighbor for helping out. I have the deck and snow blower for it Nice tractor . Really enjoy having it .
She looks a little rough but really not bad. Just wearing her work clothes.
Be a nice project.

Been a long time since I did anything with this post, BUT I was poking around Facebook Marketplace as I do everyday and look what I found. The owner is asking $300, I guess he decided he wasn’t gonna do anything with it like he wanted to. I guess I maybe should jump on it before it sells…..

DEE93253-306F-4D4A-8391-83B82C4B51A2.png

3FDDB549-BF27-49D0-91F7-923FB3769EA6.png

Back