This studebaker is just down the road from me.

Propane1

Tractorologist
1950 truck. Very nice shape. Some parts the same as the 1950 studebaker car my son got. I’d say.

Noel

Attachments

• 4BB8C3CF-D28B-450B-B202-0378DBDA56B7.jpeg
    4BB8C3CF-D28B-450B-B202-0378DBDA56B7.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 19
  • D3D839C8-0DFD-4D03-87BC-CBB26DEF77F3.jpeg
    D3D839C8-0DFD-4D03-87BC-CBB26DEF77F3.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 9B552D22-DEB2-494B-8780-DCC24E6DE4E2.jpeg
    9B552D22-DEB2-494B-8780-DCC24E6DE4E2.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 19
Nice truck but odd that Studebaker did not put running boards on their trucks. Likely to prevent one from stepping on running board and driving their skull into door frame

My dad had a 46 as the first truck I remember him having. It was tan and had a stick turu the floor. As a tot I liked laying my ear on the knob and listing to the tranny.

Later when I was about 7 dad got a 49 with the tree shifter. I never did like that truck, I assume because I couldn't listen to the tranny any more. I would go with him much in it either figure for that reason..

:D Al

Other than the bullet-nosed 1953 Starliner and Starlight coupes and the 1963 Avanti sports coupe I don't believe they had anything over the top. Nothing technologically anyway.

I also don't think they were any more advanced than any other Dodge, Chevy/GMC and Ford.

Studebaker Drivers Club

Right this instant I can't remember the year of this Stud pickup. Chrysler was selling Dodge pick up boxes for this model. they stuck out past the cab a couple inches on each side.
R4GZxu7.jpg
The fellow who owns this one narrowed the box 4 inches. I really enjoyed our visit.

Fellow who owns this GT belongs to the same club and was also a great fellow to talk to.

Also owns this Avanti and knows a whole bunch about Studabakers.
Shame no one is writting it down things he told me about the orginal avanti and the latest and going belly up and a guy in Canada buying the rights to the car.

My Grandfathers brother had two Studebakers. They were both garage kept, looking at pictures on the net I believe they were both late 40's Land Cruisers. I was pretty young so don't remember a lot of details. I can remember how great they thought an automatic transmission and the power steering was. Not sure how common that was back then. I ve always wished I knew what happened to those cars after he passed away.

jhn9840
John

The Land Cruiser is a lot better looking car than old Bullet Nose design.
To be honest I'd take either one of them, especially if it had overdrive.

Back when I was a kid one thing we did while traveling was guess the car brand by the big shiny grill.

I don't think a car can be ID today by the front at less than 5 feet.
The big chrome bullet grill on the stud looked way differnt than the rear.

Back when I was a kid one thing we did while traveling was guess the car brand by the big shiny grill.

I don't think a car can be ID today by the front at less than 5 feet.
The big chrome bullet grill on the stud looked way differnt than the rear.

They all look like kitchen appliances. Should look at options sheet on new car and ask “where’s the limp mode option?” They all have it now. My boys towing a trailer this am after owners truck went into limp mode on way to job site. He’s happy, gets to stay in trailer instead of doling out for hotel room for a few weeks

Back