Tires Went Up Overnight

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
Staff member
I finally decided on a pair of front tires late last night. I just put them in my cart on Amazon to order today. I go to checkout today and the tires went from $49.95 each last night to $62.85. today that’s crazy! I deleted them and will wait a few days to see if they go back down. This happened a few years ago I was going to buy my wife a set of Viking stainless steel cookware it fluctuated daily.
4DFB575B-387C-46CB-A1F5-517150C185F7.jpegEA08DA7C-A983-4F13-B0DC-A51FA908D9DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Well like I was hoping the price of rubber went down overnight. I can’t figure this stuff out. Another thing I found out when ordering from Walmart with free shipping. Look at the fine print. When you place an order to your door for free shipping it automatically subscribes you into their Walmart+ program. After thirty days your card will be billed $12.95 a month. You definitely have to shop smart these days.
4C1C661F-A2D0-47A1-950A-B6AF24D8A0CD.pngFAFE79BB-8ACB-4262-BF85-AECF32D45E05.png

I’m hoping for more traction in the front. Bill you and Chris both inspired me to do this. The Snow Hog tire that Chris has was my first choice and a little less expensive. The problem on those a lot of buyers complained they shipped them banded really tight. Some showed pics as they never recovered after inflated a lot with time or almost impossible to mount. Walmart had what I bought in a 2 ply much cheaper and right when I was going to confirm my payment I seen that Walmart+ note. Needless to say I bailed out of that quickly and deleted all my info. If these workout I may buy another pair later for my MTD990. It hurt pulling the trigger on a $102. but hopefully I won’t be disappointed.

Last edited:
I think you'll be happy with those. If I remember correctly mine came banded and were distorted. Not only that they had been that way for a long time and were cracked. After getting them inflated they resumed their correct shape but were still cracked. They have worked fine for many years now but the cracks still bug me. They were an eBay purchase and probably had been storage for years.
I've never noticed price swings like that. Going to have to keep an eye on things. Good thing you caught it.

Woo hoo I got my tires today. I wasn’t expecting them until the 30th or the 1st. I had to go to TSC and my wife sent me a pic. I thought, good she put them in the house. I got home and they were outside on the porch. She said they were stinking up the whole house. I tried to explain fresh tire rubber is a fragrance not a stink. It’s going to warm up mid week so I’ll probably wait to mount them then. They look nice !
10698EC7-326D-4FC1-91B2-66150512BA59.jpeg

Not tractor or ATV tires but a set for my project truck that doesn't have cracks that can be seen thru.... I found a super nice set of Michelin 235/75r15s at the local boneyard.... even junkyard tires are $150/set without wheels.... so it isnt just the new ones that have gone crazy..... but that's the only way I can afford (barely) Michelins these days.
Though about 6 weeks ago I bought a pair of Cooper Discoverer ATs from Wal Mart for at least $50/ea cheaper than anywhere else.... I've been buying these same tires (usually from Farm and Fleet when they get their "buy 3 get 1 free" sales) and even with that they are alot more than what I paid....
I don't like that I can't just put em in a cart and take em thru the register for the "4 for the price of 3" sales, you gotta pay them to mount and balance them to get that price.... now a days mount and balance costs as much as buying another tire and that's even if you don't buy road hazard...
I like to buy em and mount/balance em myself.

I know a lot of people are buying tires on line now and claim to be saving. I haven't tried it myself yet. Had one guy say "but what are you going to do about the warranty" I have never had a tire warranty worth the paper it was printed on any way.
Don

I know a lot of people are buying tires on line now and claim to be saving. I haven't tried it myself yet. Had one guy say "but what are you going to do about the warranty" I have never had a tire warranty worth the paper it was printed on any way.
Don

if you can mount and balance your own stuff it would be ok. But I’ve heard that a lot of the tires you find online are blemish or seconds.

my buddy has a tire/repair shop. I always get my tires from him. He showed me on ordering system. Seems the profit margin on tires is pretty low what I seen.

Back