Today I started the fall process

MNGB

Tractorologist
Got the Case 220 out of the back thought I'd remove the air filter and see if it was starving for air when it needs power, I didn't think so and it isn't but discovered something interesting when it bogs down it starts backfiring with flames out the carb throat this to me indicates a timing problem or a valve setting problem, will check that later, run it in the shop and removed the deck then moved it to the back out of the way for now. Run the Suburban out of the shop and put it in the back out of the way, looked around in the back storage area and found an area to put the new tow mower next week one day. Hope fully next week the spindle parts for the Simplicity will come and I can get it back together and out of the shop, got the parts Simplicity into the shop will remove the engine and other parts I want and then put it on the scrape pile , then on to the Ariens parts tractors in and remove the hydros and parts I want for some project ideas this winter
HPIM1518.JPGHPIM1404.JPG

Scrap people were here yesterday morning so got rid of excess in the machine shed. Overhead door track, 2 steel 16' sections, Old Bolens QT deck, front blade for ?? Bolens tiller with busted gears, 5 gal pail full of door rollers, etc. They made a big dent in the scrap pile too. Said scrap price was $130 a ton which is about what I could find. They are not getting paid much for their work. After 3 GT frame remains and 4 decks they found out there is a difference between lT's & GT's. Got room for more tractors now.

Did some disassembly of the Simplicity yesterday and today, got the engine out boy those cast iron Kohlers are a chunk of an engine, got the gas tank choke and throttle cables out the steering wheel and the dash panel. Tomorrow will lift the front up with the hoist and get at the drive shaft the "T" GB and PTO clutch assy and see how to get the front PTO clutch lever and rod removed then its to see how hard it is to remove the hydro

Well this afternoon I got the 7012 pretty broke down the front half will go out to the bone pile will remove the "T" box from the hydro and put them in storage in the back. Never found a rectifier voltage regulator must have been removed previously

HPIM1587.JPGHPIM1588.JPGHPIM1589.JPGHPIM1590.JPGHPIM1591.JPGHPIM1592.JPG

That’s a job I bet pulling off everything you might need later from a tractor. I salvaged parts off my 7117 deck last week down to just the shell. I didn’t think I was ever going to get it all off. Nice job keeping what you can. By the way Gary I got my bearings for the 3415H deck spindles today, they look good. They have metal grease seals instead of the typical plastic. Thanks again for the link.

Back