tow behind spreader/cultivator

dodge trucker

Tractorologist
got this unit last summer along with a tow behind lawn sweeper, both were curb finds from the same house.
I aint sure of the brand of this spreader/cultivator, only ID is a caution sticker... you know, don't stand on, 70 lb max weight capacity, disconnect from tractor when flushing or servicing, yadda yadda yadda.... gun metal gray, about 36or 38" wide, (a guess) and by the looks of the wheels and the cultivator tines and the spreader roll inside the hopper I do not think it has ever been used. I like the idea that it is a drop spreader rather than a whirlybird, ("broadcast") I have never used one.... have always used separate implements.
I don't see this thing being a very good cultivator/dethatcher, with only 70 lb of seed or fertilizer for ballast. (when full, gets less as the unit is used of course)
has a lever to activate/ deactivate spreader (self powered as it gets dragged along the ground)

so, what's better... this unit, or a separate Power Rake (I have one of those too, that I'm wanting to try out for the 1st time) and seed/ fertilizer spreader afterwards?
Im thinking the power rake since it is self (5hp engine) powered rather than being manually powered as it rolls.... typically I find separate machines do a better job than "all in one" types. What do you guys think?

Back