Tractor parts compatibility

Tcoover

Going to be working on a 47 farmall a. The gears are bad stripped and broken teeth. If I cant find an exact 47 a what other farmall models would be a good match. I'm not finding alot of parts tractors for the a. But I am finding b, c, and supers.

This is from a friend of mine that has restored several A's, B's and C's.

"A B C Suoer A Suoer C 100 130 140 200 230 240 404 2404 trans gears will fit the A case. Just have to use the top and bottom shaft of a A or B so the PTO shaft will work. You can buy the aluminum slinger gear from Steiner or Yesterday's tractor. The bearings are available from any bearing supply. I got All the bearings from bonks bearings. The only other thing the replacement seal on the axles from the transmission are punny compaired to the originals but there is enough room to driver 2 seals into the seal housing same for the PTO."

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
He also said this,

"1-2 and 3-4 are made together and they slide on the top shaft so he needs all the top gears and all the bottom matching gears. The gears on the bottom are indvidual and the spline onto the pinion shaft.

received_2253252568335891.jpeg

On this picture the closest gear you see is the reverse gear and the idler is to the left down. It does not look bad from what little I see. "

Hope that helps, he said he might have a gear set but it would be next Saturday before he gets back down to his shop

I am from northeast Pennsylvania the first pic is pretty blurry but the second is much clearer. The second gear in has a lot of wear and the rear most gear I seen at least 2 broken teeth. That's probably why it wouldn't move without stalling in 4th. I'm planning on a restoration in mid April because I want to take it to shows, possibly some pulls, and local parades. But the information you provided really helps and I appreciate it.

Back