Tym T394 Won’t start

Bob K

I have a 2017 Tym T394. Started and ran it yesterday, but after about 5 minutes it just died. It will not restart although it does turn over quite robustly. I checked all the fuses, though I’m not sure which if any are associated with the fuel system. The tractor has less than 50 hours on it. And of course I checked to see if it’s out of fuel. It’s not. I don’t have a manual for it, so I’m unsure how to further troubleshoot this issue. But it certainly is a fuel issue. I’d appreciate any hints or ideas. Thanks ! Bob

There may be a problem with the ignition system. It had happened to me once before. After replacing the spark plugs, the problem was resolved. However, there may be a simpler problem. Also, expect answers from more knowledgeable friends.

Never worked on that model before. But i assume it has a fuel filter. It would be an easy change and only cost a couple bucks.

Unfortunately the time portion of the warranty has expired. I guess I'll try the fuel filter, but my experience with those is that the engine will still run but not make full RPM. I was thinking it might be a fuse for the fuel pump, assuming it's electric. Or even the pump itself. Since it's diesel there is no ignition system.

Are you seeing any white smoke at all coming out of the exhaust when cranking the engine over? If not I would suspect a fuel shut off solenoid is either bad or not energized. Electric fuel pump or contaminated filters.
Call your dealer and talk to the service manager. I would think they would be happy to give you some advice.

Are you seeing any white smoke at all coming out of the exhaust when cranking the engine over? If not I would suspect a fuel shut off solenoid is either bad or not energized. Electric fuel pump or contaminated filters.
Call your dealer and talk to the service manager. I would think they would be happy to give you some advice.
I'll call up the dealer tomorrow, and see if they can tell me their best guess. My tractor is in the barn and obviously can't move right now. I'll let you all know what they say. Hopefully it can get resolved when I'm back to my barn this weekend.

Korean if I'm not mistaken.
My brother in law was a dealer when he sold out. At the time he was happy with the quality and I had considered buying one and also becoming a dealer. Heard shortly afterwards the company started giving the dealers a hard time over warranty work. Hopefully they got that straightened out.

Last edited:
Dealer says it could be algae in the fuel clogging it. Suggests draining fuel and blowing out the fuel line. I’ll try that this weekend.

I think they are sorta the same as those LS blue colour tractors. Korean made I think.

I’d be thinking water in fuel. And filter is full of it. Get a filter for it.

Noel

I think they are sorta the same as those LS blue colour tractors. Korean made I think.

I’d be thinking water in fuel. And filter is full of it. Get a filter for it.

Noel
Yup, Korean made. Has been running fine until now. I will drain all the fuel and change the filter's. Seems like there isn't much else that could be wrong.

Have to get any contamination out of the lines. pump, injectors, etc. if you have to find any indication of contamination present. Kioti is the only foreign tractor I would consider. Getting parts cn be a real big issue some times.

If it is algae you might end up changing the filters several times.
Here is some interesting information.

Sounds like the basic solution is "buy clean fuel, keep it clean" like was stamped on the IH fuel caps for decades.

Back