Up off the ground.

Hehe. My cousin in Ottawa had a chev suburban, years ago. Lifted. It was used to go into fishing spots thru the woods on logging roads. One place was called Red Horse. Once you got there you then had to get your boat off off the vehicle and boat across to your camp site. Or if weather bad stay in the suburban. Any way. This vehicle was up there. I think 38” tires and suspension lift. Rocker panels were at least 3.5’ off the ground. You had to be young and agile to get into it.

Noel

I bought my first new vehicle a 1976 Chevy Blazer in 1975 at the age of 21. I had a lot of goodies on it, a Rough Country 6” lift kit, 38” Monster Mudder tires, Western turbine aluminum wheels. Carol had to have a step stool to get in or I picked her up. I had to go in knee first until I put running boards on it. It was radical and a lot of fun. I still like them.

A vehicle one needs a ladder to get in in about as bad as the newer vehicles that area like sitting on a skate board and have crawl/fall out. Just my opinion of them.

My 14 wrangler was lifted 4 inches on 35s. No side steps. I could get in it just fine. Wife and kids struggled!

that’s the last lifted one I’ll own.

I prefer cars anymore to be honest but I also like AWD. Not a lot of choices and I didn’t want another Subaru. My daughter gets my Jeep in 3 years so I’ll see what’s around then.

I would love to have that truck. I actually looked at one very similar for my first truck, but they wanted too much for the amount of work it needed.

Back