Using the Vevor diesel heater

MNGB

Tractorologist
For a while now when firing up the diesel heater it would smoke white smoke for less than 2 minutes then would light off and run just fine, I looked thru the manuals and trouble shooting sections and did really find anything that sounded right So I joined a Face Book group called the Chinese Diesel Heater Community, posted about what was happening and go lots of replies some I knew were plain BS others didn't really sound right but a couple said I had a low voltage problem. That got me to thinking the heater came with a wire harness but it was to short to reach the front of the tractor where the battery is located so I added in about 2 feet and the Chinese power wire is supposedly 16 gauge but its more like 17 ga. So I connect a set of jumper cable to the battery then connected to the power wire right near the heater controls pressed the on button and it started it start cycle and fired right up no white smoke. So I removed the OEM power wire and installed some 12 gauge wiring got it all connect and gave the heater a test try it fired right up with no white smoke, Saturday fired up the heater and the B2601 and drove out to my house to clean up a few drifts the heater fire right up no white smoke and kept me toasty warm it was 3*F and the heat setting was on H4. Also found out on start up the unit draws 12 to 15 amps with the glow plug

Last edited:
Good trouble shooting Gary with good info. You wouldn’t think that would have made that much difference. It’s funny it seems like no matter what we get into there is some link out there with folks having the same problem.

I ran a heavier fused wire because I thought someday I may want to tap into it for something else. From the sounds of it I got lucky. Sure didn't do because I knew it wouldn't work. Thanks for posting your results.

I ran a heavier fused wire because I thought someday I may want to tap into it for something else. From the sounds of it I got lucky. Sure didn't do because I knew it wouldn't work. Thanks for posting your results.
I think all would be ok if I had not had to lengthen the the wire by 2 ft as I test run it on my bench with the regular wire and it started good every time and I ran it about 10 times,

One thing about Chinese product is they tend to go cheap on the copper wire…I have a 12V water heating element in my truck. The insulation was melting before the water boiled so swapped the “eleventy billion“ gauge for 16 gauge. Safe and effective now..

One thing about Chinese product is they tend to go cheap on the copper wire
I have a nice set of over the ear headphones I use watching things in my laptop. The plug going into the computer shorted out so I replaced the plug. I never seen such tiny copper wires almost like a few hairs with a couple of some kind of fiber I guess to give it some kind of flexibility they thought.

Back