Vacuum fuel pump 1453

befuddled

does anyone know the correct venting routing or diagram for a 1253 g14 tecumseh 14 horse? I rebuilt the carb,runs great sadly i didnot look at the rubber lines and now am pushing out oil vapor all over! I suspect a line is needed from the vent box on top of the engine to return to and thru carb somehow? Any help would be super!

Does yours have the factory fuel pump?
If it looks like the picture, the bottom fitting is from the gas tank.
20170415_155248.jpg

The fitting on the back of the fuel pump goes to fitting on the block as seen in this pic.

Screenshot_20240516_122529_Studio.jpg

The engine breather is on top and is just a metal pipe/hose connection to the valve cover as in this pic. If you are getting excessive oil sucked up in carb from lower port you can removed the top valve cover and clean the inside of the plate, tube, etc. I've seen spiders and mud daubers plug up the vent tube before causing oil to be pushed into carb through the lower vacuum line.

photobucket-41490-1368984499699_zpsd1e6f39c.JPG

I don't think that vent should be showing that much oil unless your piston rings are badly worn. Your air filter is going to be oil soaked in short order.
True, or the crankcase breather reed is broken, or possibly the drain hole in reed area is blocked. Like most problems there can be multiple issues causing it.

Back