Wanting warmer days

I agree. I'm ready for GT season. I dont plow snow. Even though we have several plows...

I went out and checked the trickle charger last night and sat on the deere. I even looked at john deeres website today thinking about picking up an x590 for me and giving dad the x570

maybe I need to find a plow for one of mine, never done that with any of my machines.... I have a neighbor that has 24 acres way down in the southern tip of IL that has a disc, a plow and a drag that he has offered me, gonna hafta see what it would take to adapt made-for-Sears-and-Roper attachments to my machines.... trying to get motivated to go out and put this K321 back together that has been in pieces for way too long now.... it's the original engine from my NH.... and an experiment at the same time (if I don't "chicken out" and buy a new one, since I found a couple of replacement rods on the Bay made for an 0.020" under crank) I had one of my leftover std rods cut for an insert like a car engine has.... this isn't a "pulling" tractor but I know that lots of those guys run this setup..... gonna have to p/u some Plastigage when I go p/u the wife from work, I guess... so I can check the machinist's work as I reassemble.

part of my "I'll get to it later" is that I have a running low hour M12 on that machine now, so it isn't "dead"....

maybe I need to find a plow for one of mine, never done that with any of my machines.... I have a neighbor that has 24 acres way down in the southern tip of IL that has a disc, a plow and a drag that he has offered me, gonna hafta see what it would take to adapt made-for-Sears-and-Roper attachments to my machines.... trying to get motivated to go out and put this K321 back together that has been in pieces for way too long now.... it's the original engine from my NH.... and an experiment at the same time (if I don't "chicken out" and buy a new one, since I found a couple of replacement rods on the Bay made for an 0.020" under crank) I had one of my leftover std rods cut for an insert like a car engine has.... this isn't a "pulling" tractor but I know that lots of those guys run this setup..... gonna have to p/u some Plastigage when I go p/u the wife from work, I guess... so I can check the machinist's work as I reassemble.

part of my "I'll get to it later" is that I have a running low hour M12 on that machine now, so it isn't "dead"....
The great part about spring plowing is the weather. Much more favorable than plowing snow.

maybe I need to find a plow for one of mine, never done that with any of my machines.... I have a neighbor that has 24 acres way down in the southern tip of IL that has a disc, a plow and a drag that he has offered me, gonna hafta see what it would take to adapt made-for-Sears-and-Roper attachments to my machines....

Twice I have used the rear mounting plate from a Sears. Adapted it to the rear of a Cub 782, and also to a Ford. Then all you need is a sears three point. Manual or electric. Any of the sears implements will then work for you. Rick

yup I have a pile of vinyl myself..... have been trying to get out and see the live acts that are still left, from back then/ while I still can.... Last year, I got a chance to see Steve Winwood.... I hope I have a 2nd chance to see him.... show was better than I could have imagined, he did songs all the way back his days with "Traffic" and did a few songs from before that even... Spencer Davis days...… maybe next time I can get closer seats, they looked like ants from the balcony...…his daughter was the "opening act" and she came out midway thru his set and did some background vocals for him. Only bad thing about that one, was parking in downtown Chicago for 3-1/2 to 4 hours cost me as much as each ticket for me and my wife.
John Barleycorn and Dear Mr Fantasy, were "long" songs on vinyl....he stretched them out even longer, on stage..... have seen Paul McCartney and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, 2x each.... plus a few others......

on another musical note, my wife's brother died, back last Thanksgiving week. In talking to the funeral people, they were asking about the kind of songs he liked, and though the woman from the funeral home that I talked to, recognized and remembered growing up with most of the songs that I mentioned, the Home didn't have any/ and I wound up putting together 2 burnt CD's of the kind of tunes he liked (much of the same tunes that I miss) the 1st time I have ever put together a "soundtrack" if you will, for any kind of event.
In putting this together via Google, I got into some stuff I hadn't heard in YEARS, and once I was done, went back to George Harrison, and spent over 1/2 the night playing songs from him that I hadn't heard in like forever..... these were solo things from his days after the Beatles. (I only used 1 of his songs on the CD that I assembled) I put some Rush, some Steely Dan, Eagles, Zeppelin, Simple Minds ("breakfast club" movie song), and more....
from back in the day when I could hear and understand what was being said in the lyrics.... something missing from today's noise.....
and something I miss from my summers spent going from one car show/ cruise nite to another, as much as the cars on display /was the music that always in the background.

Back