Waxed the 1966 MF10

mac102004

Tractorologist
Decided to wet sand and wax the MF10 just to clean it up a bit. I need to restore this thing someday but haven't been able to build up the ambition with so many other projects/distractions. It was in the back of my fathers shop last year when he painted his forage harvester, the poor MF10 got hit hard with yellow overspray. Anyway, I'm not ready to paint it but I wanted to get the red looking a little more presentable at least, the paint on it is my no means nice, or in good shape, but I can at least make it less yellow and dull. I had to fix a few small issues as well, broken spring for the clutch, brake drum had sheared the key on the shaft it goes on. I'll likely change the engine oil and rear end oil too while I'm at it. Looking forward to trying out the 540 PTO attachment, just waiting on a belt.

Attachments

• IMG_5008.JPG
    IMG_5008.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4168.JPG
    IMG_4168.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9045 2.JPG
    IMG_9045 2.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1757.JPG
    IMG_1757.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1127.JPG
    IMG_1127.JPG
    251 KB · Views: 24
Decided to wet sand and wax the MF10 just to clean it up a bit. I need to restore this thing someday but haven't been able to build up the ambition with so many other projects/distractions. It was in the back of my fathers shop last year when he painted his forage harvester, the poor MF10 got hit hard with yellow overspray. Anyway, I'm not ready to paint it but I wanted to get the red looking a little more presentable at least, the paint on it is my no means nice, or in good shape, but I can at least make it less yellow and dull. I had to fix a few small issues as well, broken spring for the clutch, brake drum had sheared the key on the shaft it goes on. I'll likely change the engine oil and rear end oil too while I'm at it. Looking forward to trying out the 540 PTO attachment, just waiting on a belt.
Can't count how many times I wished I had thrown a cover over something when painting.

What do you use that 540 pto thingy for. ?

Might put it on the silage wagon just to try it, I don’t have much around that won’t even move with just 10hp turning it lol. I bought it because it was so rare, just had to have it ‍♂️

Back