Well Well Well

dogsoldier

Tractorologist
What ii thought was a Bolens Husky 813 is really a 613. I was able to get out in the garage for a bit today while my knees felt half way good. I lubed it up a bit and got the brake lever loosened up so now the brake works. But for some reason when the brake is on the tractor still wants to move. I checked the belt and its loose so not real sure way its moving ( Any ideas ?) Thats about all my knees can take for 1 day.

I am assuming a gear and belt transaxle. I had a Craftsman II that when the brake was pressed the clutch would take tension off the drive belt (it was loose) but it would keep moving. What fixed it was putting the drive belt guard back on (I was in the process of re-building it). The belt guard also guides the belt off the engine pulley to allow full de-clutching.

I am assuming a gear and belt transaxle. I had a Craftsman II that when the brake was pressed the clutch would take tension off the drive belt (it was loose) but it would keep moving. What fixed it was putting the drive belt guard back on (I was in the process of re-building it). The belt guard also guides the belt off the engine pulley to allow full de-clutching.

Thanks ill check that tomorrow when my knees feel a little better. Now is when i could really use some help since i cant get down on my knees and crawl around.

I hear you on the knees! I was going to put the snow blower on my Allis B112 this weekend. Doc said MRI results in... 3 herniated discs, 2 pinching spinal cord. I have no idea who is moving the snow now.
Oh wow, I know exactly what that feels like. I have 3 bulging cervical discs after surgery over 4 years ago where they trimmed them back. They are all 3 pushing against my spinal cord again! That's why I had to quit working so much.

Back