Went over to Al's and checked out some goodies

MNGB

Tractorologist
Al buys all kinds of stuff from lawn mowers lawn tractors engines farm tractors you name it he may have it most of it is in need of lots of TLC. Anyway I was looking for a Left hand discharge deck about 38 to 42" and he had this old Allis all I really was looking for was a deck but it was so hot that I think he just told me a price for the whole so as to not have work on getting the deck off $75.00 also while there he showed me some cast iron Kohlers there was 3 on a pallet a 14 hp K321 complete but no CS PTO sticking out some special app, a K341 16 hp looks ok and a M16 16 hp looks ok but again no cs PTO but for $50.00 I bit and I was looking for a 33" snapper sigle blade deck but all he had was a 30" but again for $25.00 I said ok so tomorrow I go back and get the engines and deck

HPIM1826.JPGHPIM1827.JPGHPIM1828.JPGHPIM1829.JPG

Nice haul Gary I don’t blame you for buying the whole tractor. I’m glad your friend will sell you something unlike one of my friends. I will admit he has given me a few small things over the years mostly metal but he will not absolutely not sell anything. I get so upset seeing so much stuff wasting away to the elements. If it breaks he parks it, then buys something else. Keep us posted on your new projects.

Was thinking about how to get the Allis out of the Dakota, was worried that it might be to much wt for the PK loader so I decided to back the Dakota into the shop and use the chain hoist and that worked good, going back to Al's this afternoon to get the 3 Kohler engines and the 30" Snapper deck

20220624_085906.jpg20220624_085913.jpg20220624_085933.jpg20220624_085945.jpg.

Looks like it worked good. Main thing is finding the balance point. Nothing like having a trailer. Going to sell my 16' Landscape trailer and go down to a smaller on to haul one tracotor/mower.
Hi Roger yea I have a nice trailer that would have worked good but I wasn't sure if I really wanted the whole tractor was really looking just for a deck, and second he lives on a fairly busy highway there is so much stuff in his yard and even the driveway that you can't get in and turn around so you have to do it at the end of the drive using one lane of the highway which I really don't care for, I've done it a number of times but this time it worked out good to just load in the back of the Dakota

Well I just got back with a 2nd load of goodies, its so hot and humid here today thinking Ill wait until morning to unload. I see that both the 16 hp Kohlers are Magnum engines other one is a K series 321 14 hp, was suppose to just get a Snapper deck but it was too hot for him to mess with removing the deck so I got the chassis also

Those Snappers were one of the best rear engine ridding mowers ever built. Belt, clutch disc and steering bushings were about the only repairs they ever needed. Would mow anything they could drive over. Oldest type automatic transmission ever designed. I'd throw a motor on there and get it going.

Great haul Gary. Sons hoist is a great thing for getting things out of the back of a truck. That k321 fit your power king tractors ?

Noel
Hi Noel well the block has the pilot / centering ring so that's good but I'd need to find a crankshaft, but I have a CS with the short PTO like the Case's use I suppose I could install it and put the engine in the Case 222 and make it a 224

Well this morning I just had to check the B&S out in the Allis, checked the oil it was low (I never like that) but the engine was free, checked the gas tank it had about 1" of gas in it not fresh but wasn't rotten smelled ok so I turned on he gas valve removed the airfilter and shot a squirt of gas into the carb and jumped to the started and it fired up and ran good was waiting for the gas squirt to run out but it kept running and it runs nice so maybe I've got a engine for a prject

Back