Show West Central Indiana Show,Swap Meet & Get Together

Rustyoldjunk

Rustologist/Punishment Glutton
Event Date
Sep 1, 2018
Mellott Indiana 47958
Coming up this coming Saturday !
Gates open at 7 AM.
Show/get together/swap meet is September 1st ( with a rain date of September 8th ) at the Mellott Indiana park.
In the tiny town of Mellott Indiana 47958,in Fountain county. Gates open at 7 AM.
If we are rained out ( and I really hope not ),our rain date is the next Saturday,Sept.8th.
Bring your own soft drinks and snacks because we won't have any on site this year and theres nowhere in this tiny town to get anything. NO ALCOHOL.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180810-083553_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20180810-083553_Facebook.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 5
Some pictures from yesterday. Nice show for first time. Thanks for organizing it.

Attachments

• DSC03272.JPG
    DSC03272.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC03273.JPG
    DSC03273.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC03281.JPG
    DSC03281.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC03282.JPG
    DSC03282.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC03283.JPG
    DSC03283.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC03289.JPG
    DSC03289.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC03291.JPG
    DSC03291.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03293.JPG
    DSC03293.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03295.JPG
    DSC03295.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03299.JPG
    DSC03299.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 14
so you guys didn't have the rain... good for you.
my bathroom had a leak I couldn't find w/o tearing out some drywall. been put off too long as it was, HAD to address that, wound up not being where I thought it had been..... would have been easier to fix had I been able to see up in the vanity behind the sink bowl and drawer framing.

I was out there in Cloverdale a few weeks ago for another "1st show" that went over much better than I thought it might have, the problem there will definitely be parking of everybody's trucks and trailers if (and I hope it does) it continues.
I have been involved in many "1st" car shows that didn't go as well....
Looking at your map, your show is closer than I thought it was, to where I camp for Covered Bridge fest... I will be back there again this Oct., and will be taking a ride towards your way so that I can find it easy next year.... we always head to Marshall to eat at least once while there, I see you aren't far from that....

Some pictures from yesterday. Nice show for first time. Thanks for organizing it.
Thank you Danny. Was it you that had the Eshelman?
It was sort of our first show.
We did the show in Veedersburg for 3 years with me helping a friend to put it on. The last year we were there he said I'm done continue it if you want to.
Well over the next couple of years enough people asked me when or if I was going to have the show again.
So last winter after 2 years of no show I decided to see if there was still enough interest.
I didnt put too much into promoting this show. It was just me and time and money was short. I was pleasantly surprised with the turnout this first year back.
The town was very pleased that we picked Mellott as our show grounds and have offered up help for next year. I have a better show planned for next year. A local from town is well known with his fresh pork barbeque and we hope to get him setup for food next year. I also want to do a tractor parade thru town and the town has suggested using the Fire department to lead the parade.
There will also be more local advertising along with better internet advertising.
Anyone close who wants to lend a hand is welcome to give me a PM. A little help between now and the next show wouldnt hurt.
I hope to see everyone back that made this year and hope to more of you from the forum that are close enough can make it for next year.

so you guys didn't have the rain... good for you.
my bathroom had a leak I couldn't find w/o tearing out some drywall. been put off too long as it was, HAD to address that, wound up not being where I thought it had been..... would have been easier to fix had I been able to see up in the vanity behind the sink bowl and drawer framing.

I was out there in Cloverdale a few weeks ago for another "1st show" that went over much better than I thought it might have, the problem there will definitely be parking of everybody's trucks and trailers if (and I hope it does) it continues.
I have been involved in many "1st" car shows that didn't go as well....
Looking at your map, your show is closer than I thought it was, to where I camp for Covered Bridge fest... I will be back there again this Oct., and will be taking a ride towards your way so that I can find it easy next year.... we always head to Marshall to eat at least once while there, I see you aren't far from that....
The Cloverdale show is my friend Jonas Monnetts show,DT.
I'm originally from deep out in those woods of the Parke country area and grew up fishing at the Mansfield covered bridge so if you want to know anything about that area DT shoot a message.

Well, I have a buddy of mine that I helped move down there 7 or 8 years ago, he's originally from my area, he's now living by Walker Ramp Rd. (if you know the area) that bridge was a b!tch the 1st week in January, got stuck trying to climb the other side with the 3/4 ton 2wd truck I had then, with a heavy trailer on the ball.... 2 of us had to wait for the county to throw down some cinders, truck driver said "let me do my thing and give it a 1/2 hour then try it" we did then we got right up it and unloaded.... 41 can be "fun" with the twists and hills that time of year....
my buddy that I helped move, works at Raccoon Lake, camping there is the only way I get to see him anymore, another tractor guy, has a bunch of SS/Suburban stuff.... I've known him for 30-some years now....
looks like I head up 59 north from 36 then a bit east for Melott? How far is it from Marshall? I know where that is and how to get there…. ....

The best way for you to get to Mellott is to take 41 to 136 east to 341 north right into Mellott. The Field of Dreams park in Mellott is right on 341.
341 runs right thru the middle of town. Instead of running all of 41's twist and turns and two lane,if I were you I would run 63 to 59 and across to Racoon and the Walker boat ramp area.
63 is good straight open 4 lane road.

I came back 63 the last time we camped out there. The ramp to 41 was closed, detoured to the next crossroad south. Went down 41 came home 63. 63 meets up with 59? They're both north/south roads. We go 41 or 63 to 36 then across.
Been to turkey run too but not since my buddy works at raccoon lake, got no source of free firewood at turkey.......

Back