What does this do ?>

chieffan

Tractorologist
Or what is it for ?? On the back end of the 1862 Cub Cadet. Clockwise is higher. Counter clockwise is Lower. Burred up a bit like a box end was used to turn it some time. Found nothing in the tractor manuals & little is mentioned for the deck. Have a deck manual on the way. Cutting height adjustment is the typical cam & knob on the right side.

20210829_073155.jpg

Say what?? Lift and down rod stop ? ? The down limit is set by the cam on the right side of the frame by the operators right foot. Cam is locked with the threaded knob which sets the height of cut.

Here's an owners manual. Didn't see this in there though.

Attachments

• cub-cadet-1862-owner-s-manual.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Some thing I found.

Noel

Attachments

• 089E4149-386A-44F5-9FE6-A8BA3B67C283.png
    089E4149-386A-44F5-9FE6-A8BA3B67C283.png
    242.7 KB · Views: 16
Here's an owners manual. Didn't see this in there though.
Thanks Kenny. I found nothing in the owners or service manual on that item. Hopefully the deck manual will show something. This deck down not have the cam and knob like I thought it did. Deck model is 54GT, 324190 but usually listed as the 324 deck. I did find a square on the decal on the tunnel cover, upper right corner. Deck cutting height adjustment. Could not see it sitting on the tractor so Cat385 was right. Sets the cutting height, but the deck rides on the 4 corner wheels. Going to have to do some digging into this when I get the deck manual.

Okay. Did you find a picture of that cam by his foot???
What I thought was the cam was another bracket for something. This picture is in the manual I have. For older models of the quiet line series. My 782 and 1512 both have this set up.Cam Knob.jpg

Last edited:
I would like the deck riding on the wheels. I cut high so most of my decks are floating or hanging.

Front deck wheels were kind of sloppy to pulled thing apart. The bolt used up through the yoke for the swivel was not long enough and left part of the threads to chew up the top bronze bushing. Have the 4 bushings replaced, yokes are at the welding hop to get the old bolts cut out and longer ones welded in. Bolts had the threads wore off where they rod on the bushing. Probably original. Wheels are good but replacing the shoulder bolts for the wheels while I am at it. Front and back deck wheels have 6 adjustment holes for height. Front wheels are the ball type, back one stay straight and are the narrow ones. Does a nice job of mowing.

Back