What I just got

dodge trucker

Tractorologist
Something I have been looking for, for a long time
In the way home now with a 32" bobcat walk behind commercial mower. Like the landscapers use. It's a belt drive model, not hydro, got a 5 speed peerless gearbox on it, plus reverse even.
I had a bunton 28" version some years ago that I used the snot out of for many years, alot of parts for these are common among brands but there are some things specific to a certain machine and a given deck size (blades among other things) that were getting hard to find. Only reason I sold that one.
More later, sitting here in red Robin on way home, foods here, burgers aren't as good when cold.....

I found it on CL, again w/o a running engine but I have what I hope to be a perfect replacement.
In another CL buy last year, I got about 6 brand new engines that have never had gas or oil in them/ but are 30-50 years old from a guy who was a rental yard mechanic but had retired and was moving south. In that pile I got a L head 12 HP Briggs I/C with electric start. And a pull start 8 hp Briggs.
Being that this machine has an electric pto clutch and the 12hp has the charging coil under the flywheel I hope that one will be a good fit for this machine. I think the 8hp would suffice except for no way to run the electric pto.
this 12hp IC is the newest of that bunch/ code number dates it as a 1988. I also have a couple of new in box Hobbs (hour) meters..... thinking of adding that to this machine when I get it running.

Story goes, landscaper had this mower and a 48" version. Bought both new. Didn't use the 32much, uses the 48 a bunch. When the engine blew on the 48 the landscaper brought both to this small engine guy and had the engine off the 32 put on the 48 and left the 32 behind. The guy I got it from (who swapped engines for the owner) said the 32 had very low hours. It looks like it. And is a 2014 so not that old either.
and I got the "used up" 16hp with it.... carb still there but minus the ignition coils..... may keep the carb but the long block of that Kawi will be scrap heap material.

I do also have a Vanguard 16 twin on a LT166 Deere that Im on the fence about what to do with...... with unknown hours. Think Im better off with the brand new I/C 12 for this unit, since I have it sitting here.

Last edited:
looks like they used the same 16 HP Kawi V twin that year, for 32-36-48" mowers..... I googled the model number and found a parts manual for them.... and this thing is HEAVY...... I think 16HP is way overkill for only 32 inches of cut unless maybe it's a walk behind bush hog type machine.... (which it isn't... in that sense, definitely a "finish" mower)

I have an old Dynamark (minus its deck) from about 1973.... (think "butt buggy") 8HP Briggs, had a 36" deck under it..... Being as how this Bobcat wouldn't be carting my 225 lb on top of it, besides mowing and self propelling it, again I say it should be plenty with an 8hp on this Bobcat..... only problem I know of with running the 8HP that I have, is it is a straight pull start model, no charging coil....

gonna have to find the "mower end" of the charging stator plug for this 12hp Briggs, it did not have a battery mounted to the mower. Looks like the stator on the Kawi directly powered the PTO. but my 12hp is electric start, so Im gonna have to fab up (and figure out where to mount) a battery tray.... I have a couple of new ignition switches and HD solenoids on hand to wire up the starter motor.... that part should be easy.
Ive wired them up for elec start that werent originally equipped before...... Did it on my 48" "big brother" to this mower that I had, and did the same on the 44" Swisher tow behind mower I had......

I could rob the elec start and charging coil off the 12 and swap onto the 8 //or rob the pull start and starter cup from the 8 and put on the 12 I have..... but neither is gonna happen. I may later go look for a pull start for the 12 as a "backup" as teh shroud does have the holes to mount a pull start onto it. but why waste a good, new electric starter that is already there, right?

Last edited:
A 32" walk behind with reverse and an electric pto? Sounds like a LT with handle bars.

Ha ha Yeah.... didnt think of it that way.
I can get a ride on/stand on sulky to attach to this machine if I decided to.
just hope this PTO clutch will mount/adapt to the engine I have and intend to run.
funny I just noticed a sticker on the mower body saying something about "emissions compliance" Really? It may not with the NOS 1988 engine I plan to plop on this 2014 mower. Oh well... nothing to cost me sleep, there.
Found out from the manual I found online, I guess this machine is called a "Classic Pro"

and my wife renewing her request for "some of my tractors need to go".......... glad she doesn't know exactly the extent of what I do have, huh?

Last edited:
Back