Wheelhorse stalls under load

bbuckler

Tractorologist
I loan my C-120 with the Kohler Magnum 12 to my dad he put old gas in it. I rebuilt the carb , drain the gas tank and change the spark plug. Problem is it stall out under a load after a few minutes. I checked the spark after it stalls to see if it was the coil was breaking down but it still has spark and the gas vent is clear. It Idles forever but put under a load it dies after awhile. Any ideas ???

Mostly likely it the in tank filter. It might be getting barely enough to idle but when under a load there not enough. Should be a quick fix I don't know why I didn't think to check fuel flow
That is exactly what I was thinking. Something up stream of thew float causing low flow. My usual check is to pull the line off the carb and let it flow into a can for a while to see supply volume. Had one once that I pulled of the carb and fuel nearly sprayed. Thought it was good. After fighting it for a couple hours I went back and let it flow into a can and it went down to a trickle after it ran out about a half a cup.
Don

Back