won,t run right

joey7478

I got my dads john deere jd300 when he past away. When we park it for winter it was running fine. we So when we went to getting it running it wouldn,t run. we replaced the points,rotor button ,cap, wires, spark plugs and rebuilt carburetor. It runs but badly won,t idle right and only run better with choke on. Iv,e took the carburetor apart 6 time to clean and inspect it. Everything look good what could be the problem? Thanks joey!

Is there a gas filter somewhere? Still sounds like a fuel problem. Carb adjustments? Did you use fresh gasoline?

No filter and drained the first gas I put in and bought more. the only thing was the carb kit had wrong float we moded the float and it seems to work filling the carb.

Runs better on choke?Not idling right? Sounds like needle settings on the carb, especially the idle jet. Is there a fuel shut off on the tank? It may be partially closed or blocked.

Runs better on choke?Not idling right? Sounds like needle settings on the carb, especially the idle jet. Is there a fuel shut off on the tank? It may be partially closed or blocked.
I've checked everything can't figger it out. Let me ask is the main jet on bottem of carb where a wire hooks on it has a ajustment thing? Will another carb like a ford fit they are much cheaper? Thanks joey!

Is the distributor shaft possibly worn to where it wobbles, throwing off the points?

You can get a new carb from Yesterdays Tractors. Any pictures of the carb?

Back