Work toys

bobcat2

Tractorologist
Hello all,

I get to play with a variety of equipment at work, but now starts a cool project. We're upgrading our campground at work a bit, figured I'd clue y'all in a bit on a little I do.

First I had to drop all of the dead trees in the campground, about 60 in all ranging from 6"-3' across, I've always used a Husqvarna 55 or 371XP,. The little ones were easy to process, for the bigger ones, I used a bobcat 337 excavator with a thumb to lift the logs off of the ground and buck them up. I also used it to load the bigger pieces onto the dump truck. For tops and limbs, I used an eager beaver 27 hp wood chipper.

We're adding electric to 15 additional sites, so I cut a small road with the excavator and dug the trenches for the lines, still waiting on the power company to add another transformer to hook up the 600a panel.

Yesterday and today was a bit hectic, we had 400 ton of pea gravel, 2A, and 2B delivered, they dump it in a close location and I haul it to each campsite using a Cat 420E backhoe. After I have the rough amount in, I'll use the excavator to spread it all out.

We had a railroad tie retaining wall since the 70's, so I ripped it out with the excavator, and am building a new wall using preformed concrete blocks, I think each one is a yard of concrete, and I'll tell you what, even the backhoe doesn't like swinging those very much.

Since we ordered blocks for the wall, we ordered enough to build a 3 section divider to hold pea gravel, 2A, and #4 stone. Would've done a 4 section unit but our anti-skid is mixed with salt and has to stay under roof.

Definitely neat stuff going on this year.

If I dig through my pictures, I can probably post up some pics of my "black bear" road(for you C.W. McCall fans) project from last year.

Thanks,
bobcat2

Sounds like a good project going on! I look forward to pictures! I have been considering using the blocks at my house to build a retaining wall, around here they are referred to as mafia blocks.

I apologise for the poor quality of pictures, luckily I just got a new phone so the next set should be better.

20190902_090706.jpg
Here a a few trees I dropped. Hard to tell, but in the lower left, is the corner of our shower house.

20190912_080131.jpg
Here are a few sites that I had pea gravel dropped off in to take to the rest of the campground.

20190912_080419.jpg
Just a shot of me roughing in some pea gravel to sites with the backhoe.

Back