Wrapping up the Sears puller

Do they have many pulls in your area..? Here in eastern Pa there's a number of them but you got to want travel a bit..And the guys that do are serious pullers meaning they have some pretty big dollars in them. Kind of takes the fun out of it for the average joe. You can still have you own fun but it's tough to compete.

Do they have many pulls in your area..? Here in eastern Pa there's a number of them but you got to want travel a bit..And the guys that do are serious pullers meaning they have some pretty big dollars in them. Kind of takes the fun out of it for the average joe. You can still have you own fun but it's tough to compete.
their use to be 2 pulls but now there is only 1. I did a pull in Indiana and they where very competitive

That's like anything...

People go to extremes that it's not fun anymore. But then again today I'd probably be that guy

That's like anything...

People go to extremes that it's not fun anymore. But then again today I'd probably be that guy
Yea your right if you want to compete. Even in the "all stock" classes I've seen guys do everything possible ( cheat) to get an upper edge. Some of the "stock" GT's I seen pull weren't going home to mow grass afterwards. Cheating may not be the right word. It's things you do that go unnoticed.

Yea your right if you want to compete. Even in the "all stock" classes I've seen guys do everything possible ( cheat) to get an upper edge. Some of the "stock" GT's I seen pull weren't going home to mow grass afterwards. Cheating may not be the right word. It's things you do that go unnoticed.

When we raced dirt track in the stock class people ran engine mods you obviously couldnt see...engine looked like a stock 350 but with pistons. Cams. Porting. Ect....no one was going to use a tear down rule om a stock class car. Youd get laughed off the track.

One club I goto has a rule in the stock class that says
Engines must have working governor set no higher than 3600rpm and can be checked at any time.

One club I goto has a rule in the stock class that says
Engines must have working governor set no higher than 3600rpm and can be checked at any time.
Yeah, it kind of stinks that they make us pay $10 per pull and you can only pull 2 times. It used to be free and you can pull as much as you want. I figured they would be more stiff on the rules to because their are some guys who just put thousands in their machines and the pay outs are just little plaques, not even money.

Yeah, it kind of stinks that they make us pay $10 per pull and you can only pull 2 times. It used to be free and you can pull as much as you want. I figured they would be more stiff on the rules to because their are some guys who just put thousands in their machines and the pay outs are just little plaques, not even money.
And since their is only the one pull me and a buddy built a pulling sled that works just as good as the one we pull with and it’s half the size. Plus we can use it whenever we want to!

When we raced dirt track in the stock class people ran engine mods you obviously couldnt see...engine looked like a stock 350 but with pistons. Cams. Porting. Ect....no one was going to use a tear down rule om a stock class car. Youd get laughed off the track.

My buddy's family runs the pulling circuit in west central Ohio( W. Alexander/Eaton) . Yrs ago, he built a "stock" 10 hp sears. Internally, he bored the Tecumseh then slapped in a 12 Hp stock piston. If anyone every made him pull head, it still would have the "std" stamped in the piston,.... he never lost.

Back