WTH is wrong with me?

MH81

Tractorologist
Staff member
Administrator
I had kinda told myself I was done unless something rare came up for sale.
FFWD to today.
A Haban built Sickle for Sears IMG_20190331_205127921.jpg
(842.26002) and the piece that made me go... A set of tandem Sears OEM discs (917.251290). IMG_20190331_205713511.jpg
Never even seen one before in person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys,
It's a friend of mine who found them. He was only going to ask what he had in them, I made him take a little more.
Isn't it weird how the item I never figured I would own shows up 30 minutes from my house at my buddy's place? It's kind of like Casey finding me a Sears dump rake out of the blue or my daughter's best friend having a spike tooth harrow in their Barn

Last edited:
Wow very nice finds. Be careful you don't cut a finger off with that sickle bar raiseing it to the transport postion. Many a farmer not paying attention back in those days lost fingers.

I have never seen a garden tractor sized tandem disk set even is sales books.

:D Al

I'm wondering the same thing. Needing to do a small scale version of what gl grumpy at the other site has been threatening for years yet I see another tractor calling me. This one is a cub 109, tugging at me because I'm currently working on a 129 and have 2 other incomplete CC's that will leave me the leftover parts that the 109 needs after the 129 is done.

I have never seen a garden tractor sized tandem disk set even is sales books.

:D Al[/QUOTE]

Got one like this one from a friend, standing on it's tail in a pile of his other stuff. $50 and he helped load it.
Brinly Tandem.jpg
Those blades do need to be sharpened so they will cut and go in the ground. Kind of like which side of the knife is used to try to cut meat.

Back