Yerf Doggin!

WNYtractortinkerer

Tractorologist
So I babysat the grandkids this week and we needed something fun to do.. I broke out the Yerf Dog Spiderbox and we all terrorized the neighborhood on it! For some reason the thing doesn't know how to drive in a straight line and turns and drifts all over the place! :confused: Things were going great this week and the kids loved it but on Wed things came to a screeching halt.. Both front lower ball joints separated from the A-arms at the same time.. :mad:.. I got out the 4310 and dragged the thing back home to the barn and pulled both arms off and contemplated what to do to remedy the situation.. I poked around the web for replacements and after seeing the parts and the same chincy design I came up with something cheaper and more... robust.. I reformed the busted mounts with the vise & hammer then welded all the mounting washers onto the arms.. Then the welds were expanded to the arms themselves.. Next time we have a problem the arms or the ball joints will fail! My grandson & I put the thing back together and we proceeded to test the thing out and it performed excellently! :):cool:

Now I have a job running the kids around again.. That thing is a blast!!

YERF DOG! Hadn't heard that in a while. Brings back a few memories. :thumbs:
Don't know how many times I repaired those things. Rick

I see yours at least suspension on all 4 side Tink.
Mine will rupture your kidneys !!!!!

Got ya...mono shock like ?

Thought about it more I know what you mean..:)

Dual shocks with one pivot point on the back.. The front end takes a beating with my fat ass on it! It goes about 30+ MPH and there has been many powerslides! (for some reason when I turn right the thing gets a tad tippy) My grand daughter seems to have the black cloud because every time it broke she was on it with me! I don't know why there is a storage rack on the back because nothing would stay up there for long! (I wouldn't want to drink beer that was up there!) My grandson wants to drive it but I fear for his safety and also the front suspension if he hit's something.. It has a mind of it's own when trying to turn it sometimes.. The straight rear axle makes the thing just want to go straight..

Dual shocks with one pivot point on the back.. The front end takes a beating with my fat ass on it! It goes about 30+ MPH and there has been many powerslides! (for some reason when I turn right the thing gets a tad tippy) My grand daughter seems to have the black cloud because every time it broke she was on it with me! I don't know why there is a storage rack on the back because nothing would stay up there for long! (I wouldn't want to drink beer that was up there!) My grandson wants to drive it but I fear for his safety and also the front suspension if he hit's something.. It has a mind of it's own when trying to turn it sometimes.. The straight rear axle makes the thing just want to go straight..
That sounds like fun!

My old go kart had a straight axle. It was a blast on loose ground or grass. The rear end would just slide around and make it fun. On pavement or concrete at high speeds it would push the front end.

Back