You’ve seen this car before that I posted, but

Propane1

Tractorologist
He has a few more. The 69 Chevelle has either a 427 or 396 and it’s a 4 speed transmission. Not sure what the rusty car is in the back. Dodge/Plymouth GTX I think. Not in the picture is a dodge van older style sixties flat nose. Another one is a 64 ? Dodge/Plymouth car. 2 door. Can’t remember model, but was a popular drag race car, they would move the rear axle ahead for better racing. That’s what this fella did with his. Don’t know if it’s finished or not. Have not seen it in a few years.

Missed getting a picture of a late forties early fifties car the other day.

Noel

Attachments

• 997C0258-4A08-4DAB-B901-251FF0A60FA6.png
    997C0258-4A08-4DAB-B901-251FF0A60FA6.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • A891A076-430E-46EB-9FF7-76F1292BB3BE.png
    A891A076-430E-46EB-9FF7-76F1292BB3BE.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
He's got some cool toys, Noel! I like the license place on that '69 Chevelle! "Not Done"---LOL! Van's got one of those crazy airbrushed murals all over it that so many vans had in the 1970's. Those forward wheelbase cars that you mentioned were the predecessor to the "Funny Cars". That's what they developed into. It was an effort to gain more rear traction by having the weight of the car more towards the rear axle.

DAC

He's got some cool toys, Noel! I like the license place on that '69 Chevelle! "Not Done"---LOL! Van's got one of those crazy airbrushed murals all over it that so many vans had in the 1970's. Those forward wheelbase cars that you mentioned were the predecessor to the "Funny Cars". That's what they developed into. It was an effort to gain more rear traction by having the weight of the car more towards the rear axle.

DAC

Van were a big thing here in the seventies, early eighties. A club called Van Islanders, was the thing to be in if you had a van.

Ahh I see. Extra weight over hanging past the rear wheels. ?

Noel

There was a van club around here too but I forget the name. I did a lot of work in the 80's for a shop called the "Van Center". I didn't do any air brushing for them, they didn't do the paint jobs, but did the business signs, vehicles and a lot of spare tire covers. They eventually went into modifying vans for handicap purposes.

Those wheel base altered cars were trying to shift front weight, mainly the engine, to the rear wheels and like you said, Noel, the long back end helped the "leverage" to accomplish that.

DAC

ramchargers-dodge.jpg

Back