Zim Manufacturing Valve lathe SOLD

4getgto

Bill from Northampton County, Pennsylvania
For sale. No longer needed. $75 + shipping. See description below.

Zim Hand operated lathe is compact, chatter and vibration proof. Handles 30°, 45° and 60° angle valves with up to 3/8" stems and valve heads to 2-1/4" dia. 2 universal joints are used in the shaft. Feed is reversible and can cut in either direction. Base holes for work bench attachment. Lugs for use in vise.
Includes Jacobs chuck, carbide cutter & adjustable slide

IMG_20191012_061453.jpg

IMG_20191012_061527.jpg

IMG_20191012_061506.jpg

IMG_20191012_061545.jpg

P.M. with any questions.

That label in the last photo - is that just a box the items is in or is it on the tool some place?
I believe that's where I bought it from originally. Been a while..

here's where you get them now.

So how would you use this, maybe some thing I am interested in, been looking at some basic end mill type machines
It's nice for touching up valves. Saves a trip to the machine shop. And today machines shops in my area are few and far between. Really nice for valves that are tough to fine or sometimes impossible to get . Again all dependent on how bad the valve is to start with. Was very handy when I was running my shop. Just no need for it any longer. For the price of a new one it hard to justify the cost ( though I did at the time). I have my price at less than a 1/4 of they're going for new. Hopefully I can give someone a good buy..

Back