Blowing snow mid January 2024

That blower blows...! in a good way
CJet I see you turn off the blower when you back up or does it turn off when reversed ?
Reason I say I always keep it running as too many times I go forward without it on and plug up. Walk behinds are a pain for that.

Last edited:
That blower blows...! in a good way
CJet I see you turn off the blower when you back up or does it turn off when reversed ?
Reason I say I always keep it running as too many times I go forward without it on and plug up. Walk behinds are a pain for that
When the blower is raised the belt will slightly rub on part of the blower frame. I haven't found a way to adjust it. I suppose it could even be a slightly bent frame. It barely touches so I don't know if I should even worry about it.

Your blower is doing a heck of a nice job for you.
I'm sure happy with it. We sure got into this setup cheap. Found the blower on Craigslist for $75 and traded a good freebie Briggs 18 hp opposed twin for the tractor.

The first time we used it I wasn't impressed and it wasn't until the belt broke that I discovered it wasn't routed correctly causing it to slip. Here is a vid of the first time running it. Listen to the gravel going through it.

What are you using for skids Cjet..?
Surprisingly not picking any rocks up or scraping down ..
I welded some 1 inch wide flatbar on the existing shoes and raised the blower up about 1.5 inches. The original narrow shoes would sink in soft gravel. That gravel sounds so nice going through a blower.

Edit: Added some pics of the shoes. Might have been 1.5 inch flatbar after looking at the pics

Attachments

• 100_0632 (Medium).JPG
    100_0632 (Medium).JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0641 (Medium).JPG
    100_0641 (Medium).JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0642 (Medium).JPG
    100_0642 (Medium).JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0643 (Medium).JPG
    100_0643 (Medium).JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I welded some 1 inch wide flatbar on the existing shoes and raised the blower up about 1.5 inches. The original narrow shoes would sink in soft gravel. That gravel sounds so nice going through a blower.

Edit: Added some pics of the shoes. Might have been 1.5 inch flatbar after looking at the pics
Nicely done. And you're not even holding up on the lift bar to take some weight off. That's what I find myself doing and it makes for a sore arm and shoulder..

Back