Sears Three Point Hitch 917.253060

Larry I'll see if I can snap some pictures and get some measurements of the 3rd link for you. Actually have two. One is factory and the other is a homemade one of sorts . Might give you some better ideas. Almost sure neither are in the length you're thinking will work. But will check.

Larry, you can use a top link from Tractor supply instead of those turnbuckles. I know my TSC has pretty short ones on up, probably under $40.

Screenshot_20240416_212100_DuckDuckGo.jpg

You have an early model 3pt designed for the 66 to 72 model suburbans. In 73, they went to a different lift handle design to clear the wider fenders. You may have an issue with the handle hitting the fenders on your later 70's Ropers. I have an older one on my 77 tractor, it does rub in a certain spot.

I would love to have that sleeve adapter, need to get my hands on one.

Not sure what the bar is you keep referring to in the manual, I cannot see it, maybe post a close up pic. Sears did offer 2 flat bars that bolted crossways onto the lower arms to prevent the implement from swinging side to side, maybe thats what it is?

Larry, you can use a top link from Tractor supply instead of those turnbuckles. I know my TSC has pretty short ones on up, probably under $40.

View attachment 80593

You have an early model 3pt designed for the 66 to 72 model suburbans. In 73, they went to a different lift handle design to clear the wider fenders. You may have an issue with the handle hitting the fenders on your later 70's Ropers. I have an older one on my 77 tractor, it does rub in a certain spot.

I would love to have that sleeve adapter, need to get my hands on one.

Not sure what the bar is you keep referring to in the manual, I cannot see it, maybe post a close up pic. Sears did offer 2 flat bars that bolted crossways onto the lower arms to prevent the implement from swinging side to side, maybe thats what it is?
That should work. My local TSC only have the ones with the swivel ball ends. The bar was for the front mount points which I have. I may just mock this up on the spare rear plate and put a for sale sign on it. PM me about the sleeve adapter, I have no use for it.

I have a new to me, incomplete Sears Three Point Hitch 917.253060. hope to make functional again.

As Taho said you can get a new top link from Tractor supply or family farm and home, if you have them around you, and they will work. for sure. I have two top links ( original Sears) but I need them for my Sears tractors. I will try to get a picture later today of one for you.
That conversion to sleeve hitch attachment is kinda neat. I actually made one for the Sears a little different. Good luck.
Found this on Ebay just now.

Attachments

• toplink picture.PNG
    toplink picture.PNG
    297.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Nicely done Larry.
The 3 point would still look good on one of your tractors even if you don't use it. Maybe make some kind of counter weight to hang on it and make it look useful..

Back