What did you do with your tractor today?

, that seems like folks think the missing mule drive is worth a fortune. I don't bust any sod so not willing to spend the kind of money I see them going for on epay.
I bought a whole tractor off Craigslist 2 years ago just to get a mule drive for my 110 (that’s still in boxes). I took the mule drive off and sold the tractor.

IMG_3068.jpeg

She is rough. But this is the tractor I learned how to cut grass with. My dad sold it 25 years ago, and I bought it back November of 2018…I tore it completely down, bought a bunch of parts for it. The frame and fenders are hanging from the shed roof, the rest are in the loft of the shed. One of these days I’ll finish it…

I bought a whole tractor off Craigslist 2 years ago just to get a mule drive for my 110 (that’s still in boxes). I took the mule drive off and sold the tractor.

View attachment 81205

She is rough. But this is the tractor I learned how to cut grass with. My dad sold it 25 years ago, and I bought it back November of 2018…I tore it completely down, bought a bunch of parts for it. The frame and fenders are hanging from the shed roof, the rest are in the loft of the shed. One of these days I’ll finish it…
Looks to be in similar shape to mine, Aaron. Pretty cool you were able to buy back the tractor your dad had! Family stuff like that is the best!
Got it running and mowing last year. Has the useless tiller with it and a front blade. I haven't tried to mount the blade yet but I think it will work fine. The engine is about the smoothest running on any tractor I have!

DAC

Looks to be in similar shape to mine, Aaron. Pretty cool you were able to buy back the tractor your dad had! Family stuff like that is the best!
Got it running and mowing last year. Has the useless tiller with it and a front blade. I haven't tried to mount the blade yet but I think it will work fine. The engine is about the smoothest running on any tractor I have!

DAC
They are fantastic tractors. It was always a good runner. Smooth and even with the 8HP it had plenty of power for cutting and plowing snow.

I want to revive it. I need to find a deck for it. The deck that’s on it in the picture was stripped of spindles and junked. It was rusted almost into two pieces.

They are fantastic tractors. It was always a good runner. Smooth and even with the 8HP it had plenty of power for cutting and plowing snow.

I want to revive it. I need to find a deck for it. The deck that’s on it in the picture was stripped of spindles and junked. It was rusted almost into two pieces.
I might have a couple that are salvageable, if you can get to Eastern PA.

View attachment 81205

That’s a good story Aaron

We've had so much rain in the past 3 weeks. I've been mowing the pastures to prevent weeds and tall grass going to seed and dying off. Cutting 6 to 8 inches high. Basically lopping the top of the tall grass off. Some of it is high as the hood on the tractor, and my tractor is full size.

Now the hard part of all this is not the heat. It's the pollen! I mow until I just can't breathe much any more, come in for a while and then head back out, to go at it again.

I can’t get passed five days without mowing. I had to wait seven days a couple of weeks ago because of rain and I could see the front tires throwing up water. Same here Brett my allergies are super bad this year.

The great granddaughters are here today.
So I put the sulky behind the wheel horse 1277 and gave them a ride around town.
This is really one of those pics to frame and place on the desk or in the tractor barn or both places. :cool:

My DW would pick on me if the bench seat didn't have seat belts! :oops:
I did this with the riding mower and trailer before. The kids had fun, yet she wasn't impressed with me. :rolleyes:

Tractor has been used every day for the last 2 weeks pushing/carrying brush from the blown down trees from tornadic winds that went through last Tuesday evening. 8 days on generator and just got the phone back yesterday evening. Repair service blamed it on tornadic winds - when all the lines are under ground ? ? Problem was in the same "box" as 3 month ago.

Thursday morning I was going to till up some of the garden to put up a temporary fence to keep the rabbits out. Tiller lasted 3 passes, then the motor locked up. I was getting real tired and had to use starting fluid or a squirt of gas in the plug hole to get it started. Checked with Harbor Freight to see what they had available. They have the Predator 212cc 6.5 hp engines for $119 with $30 discount coupon, in store only and coupon is by email only. Called the store and they had two left. Still had 2 when I got there 2 hours later. One is in the back of the pickup now. Local white pole road yard sale is this weekend so going to hit that first this morning. Probably work on that tiller motor swap this afternoon.

Back