$100.00 - IH 430 Baler

cjet69

Tractorologist
Took a road trip today to pick up this IH 430 parts baler. Couldn't pass it up for $100.00 and he thru in some other knotters, driveshafts, and misc. parts. It just barely fit on our flatbed trailer. Luckily the seller had an AC 175 with a loader and was able to pick it up and drop it on the trailer. Now we have to figure out how we are going to unload it. It has a broken gear and a damaged hay fork, but with all of our spare parts we might be able to get this going again.

100_1252 (Medium).JPG100_1253 (Medium).JPG100_1254 (Medium).JPG100_1255 (Medium).JPG100_1257 (Medium).JPG100_1258 (Medium).JPG100_1260 (Medium).JPG

Do you have one like it for spare parts. One or two from it and you got your money back.
If not it's $6 dollars a hundred at the scrap yard..! Either way you didn't lose.

Only small square balers I was ever around were New Holland. I run a Super 66 for several years and only had one problem, it jumped time. Took out both needles and the lower arch. Was really only one brand of twine it really liked and one side would not tie plastic twine. Even had a "Baler mechanic" down to work on it. He finally gave up and said if I would spend about $1k in parts he could make it tie. HUH !! Got rid of the plastic twine, stayed with sisal and got along fine.

Only small square balers I was ever around were New Holland. I run a Super 66 for several years and only had one problem, it jumped time. Took out both needles and the lower arch. Was really only one brand of twine it really liked and one side would not tie plastic twine. Even had a "Baler mechanic" down to work on it. He finally gave up and said if I would spend about $1k in parts he could make it tie. HUH !! Got rid of the plastic twine, stayed with sisal and got along fine.

We only use sisal also. Don't like the plastic twine on the farm because its always getting wound up in the equipment and won't rot down in the fields like sisal.

We only use sisal also. Don't like the plastic twine on the farm because its always getting wound up in the equipment and won't rot down in the fields like sisal.

We always ahd some wet hay, full of weeds, etc. that was junk we had to get off the field. Wanted plastic twine on those as we used them in wash out area near the ditches and creeks. Some of the horse people wanted plastic as they stored them through the winter and had mice problems eating the sisal. Personally I liked the sisal much better.

Only baler we ever had on the farm was old IH T 45's. Yes OLD, dad bought a VAC case with live power new in early 54 and we used that on the baler as that live power was the cats Meow. Now before YA'LL start yelling the VAC never had live power Ours did it was a pre 300 expermintal.
any wore that T 45 plum out but found a very good one at a farm auction in the 1970's we bought to replace it. didn't see a reason to change to some thing newer we knew the T45 inside and out and all the quirks it had, plus spare parts from our old one.

:D Al

Only baler we ever had on the farm was old IH T 45's. Yes OLD, dad bought a VAC case with live power new in early 54 and we used that on the baler as that live power was the cats Meow. Now before YA'LL start yelling the VAC never had live power Ours did it was a pre 300 expermintal.
any wore that T 45 plum out but found a very good one at a farm auction in the 1970's we bought to replace it. didn't see a reason to change to some thing newer we knew the T45 inside and out and all the quirks it had, plus spare parts from our old one.

:D Al

Dads first baler was a 45 also. He had a main gear box break and found another 45 to replace it. Ran them for many years until he came across a 47 which we used for another 15-20 years. Then we made a deal to fix a guy's ford tractor and he would give us a Farmall M and a 440 baler, both needed work. Since then we have picked up a couple more parts balers, two 440's and a 425. All of them for $100-150 ea. This 430 is our latest and looking it over it looks like the best one to rebuild. We should have enough parts now to keep us going for as long as we need them.

The Super New Hollands were real hard to beat. JD T14 were the closest to them. Even the New Holland Horse Head balers weer good solid old balers. Biggest thing with any of them is getting them timed right and keeping them timed.

Started pulling the 430 baler down to replace the broken and worn gears. We have a 425 baler that will be the parts donor. It is a little different, but has the same gears and they are in good shape. As we tear it down we are finding a few more parts that will need replacing, but we should be able to get a good baler in the end.

100_3097 (Medium).JPG100_3098 (Medium).JPG100_3099 (Medium).JPG100_3100 (Medium).JPG100_3101 (Medium).JPG100_3111 (Medium).JPG100_3113 (Medium).JPG100_3118 (Medium).JPG

Back