1950 Cockshutt 30...

I dont think Ive seen a Massey front mower but I had JD525 which was fairly similar except it just had one rear wheel, it was a decent machine but harder to mount/dismount than these Simplicty built units... and of course nothing beats a simplicity cut. I just rolled another Deutz Allis 1316 into the shop a few weeks ago so finding another one right now is perfect timing. This is I think the 8th one Ive brought home... the Deutz green seems to hold out better than the Simplicity red and Agco Allis orange so these look nicer once they are cleaned up.... I'll make enough off the mower to pay for the Cockshutt so Im Happy Happy;)

Think I recall you mentioning the Massey in the past but I never knew they were rebadged Simplicity models... that looks to be the same paint as the Agco Allis I just sold...... and YES you should have bought it. Lolol

Ive never seen any of them, not even in pics, with the same rear dump box as this last one has... its a bit rough and missing the tail gate but I can build one... my other metal dump has a sloped tail on it... its the one Im working on in the shop right now
004.JPG

snowblowers were available but Ive only seen them in pics.... never had one myself and I dont think I would want one... there isnt much room for better tires and the diff/axle would never stand up to chains... but as a lawn mower they are the slickest thing Ive seen.... although I dont like the big metal dump boxes on the back because with rear steer it easy to bang them into stuff when in tight spots... with just wooden rails on the flat deck that isnt a problem... and I think they look better

not alot of foot room mind you so if ya got size 12 feet ya probably would need to extend the floor boards. Lol
059.JPG

This one just sold a couple weeks ago... but I built the custom front basket so I always pull it off before selling one of these rigs... the black tube on the right side holds one of those spring loaded picker sticks that I use to grab dog bones or whatever and drop them in the basket, I also keep that highback seat for each new one I build... most have had the 16hp Vanguard so they are nice and quiet, easy on fuel, and still go thru foot high weeds easily... its like a mini swather ;)
025.JPG

Got it all off the trailer today, that was a big chore since the 30 has a rusted wheel and flat right rear, once I got it on terra ferma I put some wood blocks under the good tires so they dont sink in too far, and blocked up the right rear so I can pull it off... once the wheel and tire are sorted out it will be easy to move but for now this is where it gonna stay.
008.JPG009.JPG

Back