1967 Sears SS12 Transaxle Pulley

Parker257

I have a 1967 Sears SS12 lawn and garden tractor. The transaxle pulley was destroyed one day back in the 90’s when my dad was doing some really hard pulling with it. I don’t remember what he was doing, but, I remember it involved something heavy. Anyhow, the center of the transaxle pulley has been ripped from the pulley itself. The pulley has two forged halves that are spot welded together about 1 inch from the outer perimeter. I’m having trouble finding a replacement that looks like it. I’ve seen some transaxle pulleys for SS10 tractors, but, they look like cast pulleys with large holes symmetrically distributed within the perimeter. The outer diameter looks to be the same. Does anyone know of a cross-referenced pulley that will work? I suppose a strong, solid cast replacement would work.

02F4617E-4DC3-4E77-B3B9-BAF53195CC6B.jpeg

C3C075A9-3554-4FF0-8CD3-74E9DCC70548.jpeg

The axles where basically the same from '66 to '79, should be someone out there parting one out.
As long as diameter is the same size 7" I think, it should work. Also 5/8" groove.
I would check evilbay, Joe's outdoor power equipment, and facebook groups. I'm on Sears Suburban backyard tractor club on FB, someone there would most like have a pulley for you.

I had one do that bought one off e bay turned out it had a tapered hole and my transaxle did not so I ended up welding the hub back into the pulley and its been working good for a number of years

Not all are or I wouldn't have a tapered pulley in my extra box
No, sorry.
I meant that I thought the late 60’s pulleys were tapered. Not all sears.
I keep leaving out tidbits in what I’m writing, not being clear. Getting old, I guess.
Hell, I knew what I meant... LOL

No, sorry.
I meant that I thought the late 60’s pulleys were tapered. Not all sears.
I keep leaving out tidbits in what I’m writing, not being clear. Getting old, I guess.
Hell, I knew what I meant... LOL
No problem I leave things out also I'm not sure have never researched it as to when they changed from one or the other, I did get my 67 S12 into the shop this afternoon and changed oil had to install a different battery I knew it was getting bad last summer but managed to get it thur the summer

Back