1970 Chevy Chevelle Coming Back

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
Staff member
The options on this car are crazy. I liked the Trans Am Bandit car they done. I think this Chevelle still looks too much like the Camaro which is the base car they start with.

Transforming a Camaro into a chevelle isn’t the play.

I’m not a fan of the new Camaros. But there is a top of the line on that is highly modified running around my area. It sounds mean and looks pretty darn good.

I know my 300hp from a 65mph roll on the interstate was not enough to hold him off.

I'm the odd guy out here. I'd take that car in a second. Of course I'd never see it but can still dream like a little boy.... Old muscle cars are without a doubt beautiful cars but by today's technology run and drive like trucks. Put an old body on top of a new modern chassis and now you got something.. JMO..

I'm the odd guy out here. I'd take that car in a second. Of course I'd never see it but can still dream like a little boy.... Old muscle cars are without a doubt beautiful cars but by today's technology run and drive like trucks. Put an old body on top of a new modern chassis and now you got something.. JMO..
Yep I'd take it also.
I put a 48 Chevy on a 73 Monte carlo chassis. Made a huge difference.
A 70 Chevelle with todays chassis and drivetrain would be really cool!

No I'm the odd one, Bill! Most people like the comfort and convenience of modern cars. To me it is a journey back in to time to drive them basically the way they were built. Time Machines. I have some experience about driving trucks too since the last car I owned was a '71 Monte Carlo which I sold in 1986! Incidentally, my oldest truck is 67 years old, and drives like 1955---LOL! It's the one I drive the most too. I would just save the work and expense if I wanted to drive modern technology, and drive a modern car.

This is just my opinion too!

DAC

No I'm the odd one, Bill! Most people like the comfort and convenience of modern cars. To me it is a journey back in to time to drive them basically the way they were built. Time Machines. I have some experience about driving trucks too since the last car I owned was a '71 Monte Carlo which I sold in 1986! Incidentally, my oldest truck is 67 years old, and drives like 1955---LOL! It's the one I drive the most too. I would just save the work and expense if I wanted to drive modern technology, and drive a modern car.

This is just my opinion too!

DAC

Great answer Doug. My thought too.

Noel

I had a 70 Chevelle. Original, not a remake.View attachment 52992
YES !

I helped restore a classmate's 1970 like this. His was blue with the wide white stripes. His bumper was rotted away, it was the hardest thing to find due to the ONLY YEAR with the rear lights in the bumper. Punching the pedal tossed you deep into the seats. Wild ride for sure.

As for the concept one, I'm with the majority in saying YUK.

Dodge did well with the retro Challenger. Why can't GM wake up and do the same here ! And keep the tail lights in the bumper too!

Just to clarify the post. Chevy had nothing to do with this build. This is a private company that pulls so many new Camaro’s off the assembly line and rebuilds them to look like the retro model. My opinion the actual car company doing the retro build like Dodge did the Challenger was the best.

I read awhile back that Ford wanted to make the T-Bird competitive with the Corvette but hasn’t made that decision yet. They claim which I agree the sales of the Corvette hasn’t been that good. I don’t think there is a market for the sports car like it use to be. I think the massive interest in trucks along with some of the so called off road packages offered on SUV’s is where the market is.

I read awhile back that Ford wanted to make the T-Bird competitive with the Corvette but hasn’t made that decision yet. They claim which I agree the sales of the Corvette hasn’t been that good. I don’t think there is a market for the sports car like it use to be. I think the massive interest in trucks along with some of the so called off road packages offered on SUV’s is where the market is.
The "sports" cars made today are priced where only someone with a big pay check or a really good retirement can afford.
And it does make me snitter a little when I watch 60-80 year old guys fall in and climb out of their Vetts. Made for the young that only the old can afford..!

Back