1970 Chevy Chevelle Coming Back

Sitting on a thin seat with your legs straight out in front of you for a "JOY" ride ? More like a torture ride to me. My Chevy Avalanche rides a lot better than the 09 Mini van. But Carolyn loves the van - so she can have it.

Sports cars today are different than they used to be. Cars that looks like normal family sedans are actually pretty darn quick

A high powered dedicated “sports car” is more of a niche market today. Most people can’t afford a toy car and a family car so they try to roll it into one.

Sadly I don’t think any domestic manufacturer makes a good family car these days. They are all obsessed with suvs and cross overs. I don’t think Ford even sells a car besides the mustang

Just to clarify the post. Chevy had nothing to do with this build. This is a private company that pulls so many new Camaro’s off the assembly line and rebuilds them to look like the retro model. My opinion the actual car company doing the retro build like Dodge did the Challenger was the best.
SWEET, maybe there is hope for GM to do the same. :) We can only hope.

The Dodge HellCats in a way had that Valiant/Demon look to them. When Tesla YT vids came out showing how the Tesla's ate them and the Mustangs for lunch, things got really quite with those modern muscle cars. Then covid hit. LOL

Sports cars today are different than they used to be. Cars that looks like normal family sedans are actually pretty darn quick

A high powered dedicated “sports car” is more of a niche market today. Most people can’t afford a toy car and a family car so they try to roll it into one.

Sadly I don’t think any domestic manufacturer makes a good family car these days. They are all obsessed with suvs and cross overs. I don’t think Ford even sells a car besides the mustang
Even the Chrysler minivans have become more like cross-over like SUVs. I liked the older generations better with more flexibility. You can haul people and stow the seats to haul cargo on the next trip. It got a bad wrap being a soccer mom hauler. It was very versatile.

If anyone needs 'cars' the options are slim or expensive. Slim selection being Nissan, Mitsubishi and VW. Expensive for BMV, Jags and the like.

Even the Chrysler minivans have become more like cross-over like SUVs. I liked the older generations better with more flexibility. You can haul people and stow the seats to haul cargo on the next trip. It got a bad wrap being a soccer mom hauler. It was very versatile.

If anyone needs 'cars' the options are slim or expensive. Slim selection being Nissan, Mitsubishi and VW. Expensive for BMV, Jags and the like.

We have had two vans so far. Dodge Grand Caravan and she has a Chrysler Pacifica. It has the stow and go seats and such. Lots of storage with little cubby’s in the floor.

I’m fond of the Subarus. My WRX is a lot of fun. 300hp and AWD. Runs out nice. Toyota and Honda still make the most reliable cars in my opinion. I’ve seen more 300k+ mile civics, Corolla and Camry than any other car

VW makes some nice stuff. Before the gas went crazy I was going to buy a Golf R in 2 years.

The big thing I dislike is getting in and out of about anything but a truck. Most have the frame rail down the bottom side you have to step over and down to get in and crawl out. Our mini van is not bad that way but I hate that darn head rest rubbing the back of head all the time. Makes my neck hurt after an hour of that. Haven't found a way to remove it and adjusting it up/down don't help a bit. Built for people that don't know how to use the backrest of the seat and ride/drive leaning forward on the steering wheel.

UP_ Date: As much as I dislike You Tube I did find a vid that showed how to remove the head rest. It is now Laying on the floor in the back. If Carolyn wants it i it will drop back in but for me it is out of there.

Last edited:
The big thing I dislike is getting in and out of about anything but a truck. Most have the frame rail down the bottom side you have to step over and down to get in and crawl out. Our mini van is not bad that way but I hate that darn head rest rubbing the back of head all the time. Makes my neck hurt after an hour of that. Haven't found a way to remove it and adjusting it up/down don't help a bit. Built for people that don't know how to use the backrest of the seat and ride/drive leaning forward on the steering wheel.

UP_ Date: As much as I dislike You Tube I did find a vid that showed how to remove the head rest. It is now Laying on the floor in the back. If Carolyn wants it i it will drop back in but for me it is out of there.
Roger I can assure you if you need info especially on how to projects it’s on YouTube somewhere.

My biggest draw back with You tube is all the stuff on there that has nothing to do with what I am after. Lot of the videos are a start stop, start stop stuff which is irritating. Lot of the videos are poor quality, dark, and people making the video must be running a marathon as fast as the camera jumps around. Just me I guess as I suppose a lot of people like it.

Last edited:
My biggest draw back with You tube is all the stuff on there that has nothing to do with what I am after. Lot of the videos are a start stop, start stop stuff which is irritating. Lot of the videos are poor quality, dark, and people making the video must be running a marathon as fast as the camera jumps around. Just me I guess as I suppose a lot of people like it.

It’s true Roger. A lot of the videos are terrible. I get sick watching some of those videos that are always moving fast and going around in circles. Motion sickness I guess. Just like your getting the flu. And other ones are just not what you want to watch. But you have the choice what to watch and what not to. So you don’t have to watch the bad ones or ones that don’t interest you. It’s my TV. I watch what I want and like. And if I need information on some thing, you tube normally has it.

Noel

Roger if you Google what your looking for it usually keeps you within that category if not just scroll past the junk. Here’s a story that saved me a bundle. My son has a 2002 Dodge Ram pickup that has some 2003 parts. It’s been an electrical nightmare for me. One time all his electronics worked except his headlights. I did everything I could think of to fix this. I went on YouTube typed in my problem and several had the same problem. In that year Dodge cut drain holes out of the main fuse box to release moisture…not good. Moisture along with road salt would get into these holes and corrode the circuit board right above that hole which was the headlight circuit. The dealer fix was over $1500. at that time or replace the whole fuse box used was $600. if you could find one. One guy had a video that showed how he totally removed the box, cut the corroded section out and solder a very small jumper wire to bridge this area. It worked.

An area on YouTube I like are some of the gardening, tractor, and gun videos.

Last edited:
I'm not subscribed to Youtube but I have gotten a lot of valuable info from videos on there. Like Jim said, I just google what info I need, and a video on there usually helps. Been a few misses but more hits!

Just like any internet media it is the viewer that has the choice of what to watch or read, and what to ignore.

DAC

YouTube is my go to for how to videos and my entertainment. I haven’t watched a show on regular cable tv for a few years now.

A lot of good car content that rivals production tv shows. Vice grip garage is a great channel. Guy fixes classic cars in a field and drives them on road trip home.

Last edited:
YouTube is my go to for how to videos and my entertainment. I haven’t watched a show on regular cable tv for a few years now.

A lot of good car content that rivals production tv shows. Vice grip garage is a great channel. Guy fixes classic cars in a field and drives them on road trip home.
I watch a lot of the old classic Western movies on there.

I guess I am just old school and to stubborn to change. I usually Google what I am after and go right on past all the You Tube stuff. Usually information I am after shows up that way but not always. Supposed to have unlimited bandwidth but have never checked to see just how much I am using. Not even sure I know how. Would have to look that up too.

Great looking Chevelle, Harry! Too bad about wrecking it---hope you or no one else were badly hurt. LS6 '70 Chevelle was the fastest quarter mile factory car of that year. 450 HP but it has been said that number was a bit conservative.

Now you have me hungry for a "Dog N Suds" Coney Dog! Been over 50 years since I've had one but I remember loving them as a kid!

DAC

Back