For Sale 2 Car Auctions In SW Iowa

chieffan

Tractorologist

90+ muscle cars from years gone by to be sold at auction Sept 14, 2019

This is a collector car and parts auction on Aug 25th, 2019. I know Rick Schafer personally and worked with him in the Ag Chem field for several years. His wife was an RN at the local hospital. The two above auctions are about 50 miles apart.

All I can say is OMG...!
Can't imagine how much he has invested in all those cars.
And really can't imagine what he's going to get...!

I will pass that link around.

On the Schafer auction bill, that Torino brings back some memories. A green ‘70 was one of two cars in the school my 396 Nova could not consistently beat. The one I raced was green and was also a big block, but not a true Cobra. I lost to him more often than I won. The other was a ‘691/2 Road Runner, which either of us could beat in the 1/4, but got our bumpers handed to us in a mile or running start 1/4.

On the Schafer auction bill, that Torino brings back some memories. A green ‘70 was one of two cars in the school my 396 Nova could not consistently beat. The one I raced was green and was also a big block, but not a true Cobra. I lost to him more often than I won. The other was a ‘691/2 Road Runner, which either of us could beat in the 1/4, but got our bumpers handed to us in a mile or running start 1/4.
Oh man... You're bringing back some memories from high school... :thumbs:

On the car side, by younger brother just picked up from his golf course neighbor and 1983 Porsche, 43,000 actual miles, he is the third owner. All the paperwork from original owner and second owner was with it. Had the belt and water pump changed at 39K miles. Had to sell due to heath issues.

Tomorrow is the Rick Schafer car and parts auction. Caroly come close to the auction sight this morning and said several signs were out and see several trucks with trailers at the motel in the nearby town. Hope he has a good sale.

Back