2020 garden season

I finally gave in and planted some tomatoes yesterday. Someone told me that if you take a slice of ripe tomato with seeds in it and just lay it on the soil with a light covering of dirt sprinkled on top, the seeds will germinate. Worth a try I figured. Filled one of those clear plastic snap- top veggie containers with moist potting soil, added slices of sweet little "grape" tomato and snapped the lid down...instant mini greenhouse. Now to wait and see.

Started cutting down the front garden this afternoon, dug a trench for the edging. This will make a 4' x 24' flower bed out of a 24' x 24' garden that I don't need anymore. I'll also put some onion sets along the edge since it's closer to the house than the back garden.

I agree. I just have a plethora of free time at the moment. Be nice to get a spot ready. She is driving me crazy wanting to get out there and work on her garden. Which is a good thing but explaining to a 3 year old that it's too muddy and too early to plant is next to impossible
Get her a few starter pots & do some pumpkins, or gourds the kids love these.

Those knee braces are not fun. Luckily did not need one. Used a walker at first. Talk about a pain to get around with ! In real good shape now but has been a couple years. Glad to hear your moving around better again.

My surgeon's nurse called me yesterday, she had talked to my surgeon about my questions on what to do. He recommended 45 degrees & lock it when out walking around, so I reset it. Still better than being locked all the time! Since I can unlock it now, I was able to mow the yard myself this afternoon!

My grapes are near ready. Heard unusual bird call and here is the grape thief...Pileated Woodpecker. Seen them frequently at the house but never in my grapevine

Attachments

• IMG_3491.jpg
    IMG_3491.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 4
Picked the last of our sweet corn yesterday. Teresa and I shucked it, and she blanched it. In fridge awaiting us to take it off the cob tonight after Hunter goes home. About 2 1/2 bushels. A few more young ears still out there, but likely just have them for corn on the cob meals as it matures.

Back