For Sale 3 kohler cast iron engines

dodge trucker

Tractorologist
I have 3 "extras". 1 Magnum 8, elec start, new starter solenoid, new muffler, fresh carb overhaul air filter, and throttle shaft, all OEM Kohler parts. has 1" shaft.
2 K 301s, one WHeel horse spec'd, with starter generator. also fresh points condenser coil wire and carb job. Runs good but not started since carb overhaul because of "today's gas". want to keep it fresh.
other one is K301T, (yeah Recoil start) has been short blocked, has 2 ID tags on it, block is that "replacement Kohler engine gray" this one is magneto ignition. This engine also has new points, condenser and carb job and likewise not started since carb job, no gas added since. All OEM Kohler parts used in repairs.
both 301s are 1-1/8" shaft and wide base.

MAY trade one of these, for narrow base K301-321 with 1" crank suitable for IH Cub application. not really needing anything else right now, best trade is good old fashioned cash. located 1 hour SW of Chicago. can meet someone somewhere within reason, NOT interested in shipping. Tfan express encouraged.... (relay from one member to the next, til it gets to you, haha)

looking for ~$150ish each... have them on CL for more. strangely the 8hp is the smallest but I have the most tied up in... I guess you could say that I have the least "wiggle room" on that one, of the bunch..... all parts replaced, as listed on all 3 engines, were OEM, not Chinajunk. probably forgot a thing or 2 that I did to them.
the 2, 12hp ones I'm sure could be taken down to the long block, and different starter system could be added/ especially the pull start one, being as how it is a much newer short block than the rest of the parts put back onto the engine as were needed to make it whole again, by whoever replaced the short block.... I didn't have to do a whole lot to that one, to hear it run.

I would have been willing to trade any of the 3 for what I was looking for, but since I wound up getting rid of my 2nd 129 that I had, a Cub spec narrow base K engine has less value at the moment than it did when 1st posted, unless something unanticipated happens to the original 129 that I brought back to life...… would still be interested in that, but not as much so as I was when I thought I was gonna put a 2nd one together.... was hoping to get someone interested in one or all, and talk price directly with them when that time comes. hitting that deer 10 days after buying my most recent vehicle don't help me none, either.....

well the M8 just left the building... others are still here plus a couple of others not listed that I might be able to be talked out of...
cutting back a bit to help relieve my "project overload" for a while at least...….

Back