3500lb Receiver Mount Winch

jason silliker

Jason Emerald P.E.I. Canada
Picked up this 3500lb winch for $112 (regular $299) Plus 15% tax. Has a $100 gift card so cost me $30 outta my pocket lol. Figured it would be good for winching out dead fall trees. Fabbed up a sleeve mount out of 1/4" thick 2" tube then added a bracket to house my battery box (2-12 volt dry cell Odyssey batteries). Can be moved to trailers truck hitch, heavy hitch etc.

Attachments

• IMG_3563.JPG
    IMG_3563.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3562.JPG
    IMG_3562.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 30
Looks like it will be much better at winching the tractor backwards than moving trees. One solution that I have seen for that is to install a blade under the winch that can be lowered into the dirt and will dig in deeper as the machine is moved by the winch. That way the harder you pull the more resistance you get to movement. to hold 35k it will take a substantial blade. I have an article in a farm show magazine describing a farmers recovery machine he built from a combine. Since the grain handling equipment on the combine was worn out that and the header were removed. he installed an 8' blade with a 45 ton hydraulic winch behind it in place of the header. Used the blade to plow snow and dirt. If he had equipment stuck in the field he would run that machine out in the field set the blade in the dirt pull the winch cable out to what was stuck and start pulling. He said that some times the combine would move a few feet. It had moved everything he had tied it to. Don

That's a mock off Heavy Hitch with the 2" sleeve hitch installed into it.

We always called those hitch a receiver hitch. When you say a sleeve hitch to garden tractor people we think of the hitch used for a lot of GTs to attach ground engaging tools using a slot or sleeve. And I'm not picking on you Jason, just wanting you understand why I made the comment earlier about the hitch. :)

You should be able to pull anything up to the tractor own weight with that hitch and wench. Very nice job on the build Sir!!
:thumbs:

We always called those hitch a receiver hitch. When you say a sleeve hitch to garden tractor people we think of the hitch used for a lot of GTs to attach ground engaging tools using a slot or sleeve. And I'm not picking on you Jason, just wanting you understand why I made the comment earlier about the hitch. :)

You should be able to pull anything up to the tractor own weight with that hitch and wench. Very nice job on the build Sir!!
179676.gif
Sleeve hitch drawing

That is a receiver hitch that is built into the 3 point hitch. That is why he can move it to a truck or any other receiver equipped vehicle.

15% tax? Yikes! I am 2 counties south of Chicago which is cook county,,,,, most call it Crook county and they are"only" 9-1/2 or 10% while most of the rest of us pay like 6-1/4 to 6-1/2% though some municipalities with what is called home rule can be as much as 8-1/2. Kankakee is like that, but the surrounding towns within a couple of miles are 6.some.

Where is this place that they gouge for 15%?

Don't know where Jason lives but we are around 15% here in Quebec also... You can think it's high but keep in mind our health system is free (long waits but that is for another reason), our school system is also mostly free etc. Different taxes provides different services.

Personally I don't mind the higher tax rates given the quality of life (and peace of mind) it provides us.

Don't know where Jason lives but we are around 15% here in Quebec also... You can think it's high but keep in mind our health system is free (long waits but that is for another reason), our school system is also mostly free etc. Different taxes provides different services.

Personally I don't mind the higher tax rates given the quality of life (and peace of mind) it provides us.
Just mentioning sails tax doesn't begine to mean any thing. Most in the US also pay an endless list of other taxes and fees to every imaginable branch of the government. When you start looking at the taxes that are passed along to you by the people you deal with it is imposible to deturmin what amount of your income goes to the government and that is the way they designed it. Don

Just mentioning sails tax doesn't begine to mean any thing. Most in the US also pay an endless list of other taxes and fees to every imaginable branch of the government. When you start looking at the taxes that are passed along to you by the people you deal with it is imposible to deturmin what amount of your income goes to the government and that is the way they designed it. Don

Don't worry we also have a lot of other taxes, being on the income, on fuels etc

That's right MacWorld, (I'm in Prince Edward Island btw), yeah the 15% is just sales tax. Many others too lol:mad::rolleyes:o_O

Back