37 tons of gravel

No pictures yet Doug. ? I’m a waitin. Hehe. Big job for sure. :thumbs: Hopefully the weather cooperated.

Noel
Bobcat got here at 9am greeted by light rain of course! The rain would stop off and on throughout the day.
DSCN3752.JPG DSCN3753.JPG

I waited about a half hour so I wouldn't be in his way. Took him 1 hr. 15 min. to do his part. I started around the shop while he was doing the front half.
DSCN3754.JPG

Decided to take the MF8E out and back drag all the edges.
DSCN3755.JPG

Edges all drug back.
DSCN3756.JPG DSCN3757.JPG DSCN3758.JPG

Took the 1450 back out for more finishing. No pictures there as the rain was getting more persistant. Wind picked up and started hearing thunder with harder rain so at 2:30 it was good enough.

15 minutes after the tractors were back in the shop the rain cut loose.
DSCN3759.JPG DSCN3761.JPG

3 tenths of an inch so far. Storms are brief but still raining off and on. Didn't put any vehicles back on the gravel. Figured it all getting soaked wouldn't hurt.

When I'm working the blade hard on the MF8E, the power steering pump that is the hydro pump will puke some oil out of the cap vent. Just notices a while ago that my boots don't match any more.
DSCN3766.JPG

Both tractors did the jobs fine but will post a couple issues with the MF1450 in it's build thread.

DAC

Bobcat got here at 9am greeted by light rain of course! The rain would stop off and on throughout the day.
View attachment 43308 View attachment 43309

I waited about a half hour so I wouldn't be in his way. Took him 1 hr. 15 min. to do his part. I started around the shop while he was doing the front half.
View attachment 43310

Decided to take the MF8E out and back drag all the edges.
View attachment 43311

Edges all drug back.
View attachment 43312 View attachment 43313 View attachment 43314

Took the 1450 back out for more finishing. No pictures there as the rain was getting more persistant. Wind picked up and started hearing thunder with harder rain so at 2:30 it was good enough.

15 minutes after the tractors were back in the shop the rain cut loose.
View attachment 43315 View attachment 43316

3 tenths of an inch so far. Storms are brief but still raining off and on. Didn't put any vehicles back on the gravel. Figured it all getting soaked wouldn't hurt.

When I'm working the blade hard on the MF8E, the power steering pump that is the hydro pump will puke some oil out of the cap vent. Just notices a while ago that my boots don't match any more.
View attachment 43317

Both tractors did the jobs fine but will post a couple issues with the MF1450 in it's build thread.

DAC

Thanks Doug. Looks great. The rain will settle it for sure. Don’t have to be done all in one day. Take your time.

It would have been 2 short moves causing humps in the driveway. Trees overhanging the first 25 feet or so and the yard light another 30 feet. Light overhangs the driveway about 4 feet, and then it would have been too narrow by the shop.

This is the truck.

DAC

View attachment 43307
I think we passed that truck on the way home. lol. actually we passed quite a few of them on the way home.

Yeah, South Dakota has some complex axle weight rules for trucks. Just about every road has different axle weight limits. Sure don't seem like it helps the roads and bridges though. When the road and bridge damage subject comes up politically, the public is always blamed for not paying enough taxes to maintain them.

Our final rain total from yesterday ended up at 0.4" Traill95.

DAC

My wife is sick so I had to do some inside chores today. Her 'weekend" starts on Sunday then that happens. Later afternoon I did get outside and arrange vehicles back onto the gravel. Beautiful day out there too!

Left the camper on the '72 for now. Brought the trailer up in front of the shop to start throwing junk metal on it to haul to the scrap yard soon.

DSCN3767.JPG DSCN3768.JPG

The MF1450 is relieving itself on some cardboard after working so hard yesterday.
DSCN3769.JPG

Then I went to put the snow skid back on the MF8E and discovered a minor injury!
DSCN3770.JPG

The welded on skid nut on the right end of the blade got broken off during the gravel work. Think I will just cut the other one off and use bolts to put it back on. Won't ever use those disk skids again anyway.

DAC

Back