4getgto's Auctions finds..

4getgto

Bill from Northampton County, Pennsylvania
As some of you guys/gals know I buy and sell things a lot. I figured I'd post up a few that I have now for sale or did recently. I do this more for fun , gives me something to do and puts a couple extra dollars in my pocket. Believe me I ain't getting rich..I always "try" to buy good stuff as cheap as possible and stay away from junk. Anyway I'll post pictures as I get them. Have some others too just didnt get them ready to sell yet. Hope you find it interesting..
IMG_20240810_070434.jpg IMG_20240725_065715.jpg IMG_20240612_062010.jpg IMG_20240303_115113.jpg

And to add to the above.
I try not to make this a job trying to keep any repairs to a minimum. My thought is to at least double or triple my money. While this may sound like a lot when you first say it its really not as the things I sell are normally only a couple hundred bucks. BTW...if I'd count some of my labor the profits come down a bit..so I don't count that much..

Looks like you have a good eye for things that will sell. From my limited experience things that look good usually sell good. Things that look bad no matter how well they run or work are almost impossible to sell.
Yes I would like to see what your doing.

Here's a few other things I picked recently. The Dremel tool I'm keeping. Older model but was new in box..
Black and Decker work mate 300
Black and Decker Power planer
Power Horse mini cultivator with electric start.(I believe Northern tool sold these..)
IMG_20240811_064642.jpg IMG_20240811_064636.jpgIMG_20240811_064751.jpg

IMG_20240811_064453.jpg

Here's a few other things I picked recently. The Dremel tool I'm keeping. Older model but was new in box..
Black and Decker work mate 300
Black and Decker Power planer
Power Horse mini cultivator with electric start.(I believe Northern tool sold these..)
View attachment 84672 View attachment 84673View attachment 84674

View attachment 84676
Looks like some nice items.
I have three of the workmates. One was a Christmas present in 1974 or 1975. The other two were bought cheap at garage sales. I use them quite often in pairs.
Wish I had invented them!!:D

You find some nice stuff.

Auctions my way used to be a great way to get stuff cheaper or at least cheaper than usual. I used to buy lots. Pallet of tools, hardware, whatever. Pay 5 to 25 bucks for them. Dig out the good stuff for me, give away the rest.

Last auction I went to I wanted a log splitter. Old beat up home made log splitter came up. Figured it would go for 100-200 bucks. It went for more than I could buy a new one for….local auction house was busted last year for putting plants in the crowd to drive up prices.

Auctions my way used to be a great way to get stuff cheaper or at least cheaper than usual. I used to buy lots. Pallet of tools, hardware, whatever. Pay 5 to 25 bucks for them. Dig out the good stuff for me, give away the rest.

Last auction I went to I wanted a log splitter. Old beat up home made log splitter came up. Figured it would go for 100-200 bucks. It went for more than I could buy a new one for….local auction house was busted last year for putting plants in the crowd to drive up prices.
Can't say I steal any of this. "Most" are fair buys for someone wanting something for themselves but to buy and resell can be challenging. Just kinda have to know what sells and of course be in the right place at the right time...Oh did I mention luck...

Bill the master flipper! Smart buying is working well for you! Great quality stuff you won't get stuck with. This will be an interesting thread!

DAC
I will say some stuff sits on the market for a while. Couple snowblowers I had bought last winter early spring. But didn't even market them yet. But come winter they do sell. Tools seems to be hit and miss too.! Lots of people get into them so its tough. Things I found hot 2 years ago barely get attention now.. For example, used bicycles sold quickly and for ridiculous money . Now you can barely give them away.. Strange..
Hate saying this but during the Pandemic it was great. Things seemed to go quick and for really good prices..

Last edited:

What were the consequences for getting caught? License taken away? A fine? Something different?

I will enjoy your thread Bill I still can’t forget that yard vacuum you redone. I have a hard time selling stuff a lot of stuff I give away. I would suggest keeping one of your Workmates. I got one years ago as a gift it was real handy until I gave it to my son. Now he loves it. My dad gave it to me so I thought since my dad is gone now my son would like it. Do your push mowers sell good. Around here you can’t give one away unless it was self propelled.

Workmates are great tools! I would hang on to it that's probably why I'm not a good flipper. I buy stuff expensive and sell it cheap---LOL! I have 2 Workmates but I need to put a new top on one. Took the rotted particle board off it, got some HDO plywood to replace it and that's far as it got! quite often I miss having them both at once.

DAC

Couple more things I came across recently, sold pretty quickly.
Craftsman 8hp chipper/shredder. Very nice but not meant for someone wanting to do much.
40" Ohio Steel roller..no other interest at auction and bought for next to nothing.
IMG_20231212_121340.jpg2023-11-17_11-52-25_099.jpg

Have these pipe wrenches listed on FB and CL. 24" and 36". Expensive as all get out new but can't sell for a fraction of that.
Its funny a few years Ridgid tools wouldn't last but a few days. Nothing but crickets on these. These are steel so assuming not many want lift these anymore.
IMG_20240830_082558.jpg
IMG_20240830_082824.jpg

Back