4getgto's Auctions finds..

The old Ridgid pipe wrenches are really made well if you can find them. I have a few. I have a few vintage ones I have for a display I want to make. IMG_1409.jpegLike you I tried to sell a few at yard sales for a few bucks each and never sold. I have a aluminum wrench which is my go to.

The old Ridgid pipe wrenches are really made well if you can find them. I have a few. I have a few vintage ones I have for a display I want to make. View attachment 85515Like you I tried to sell a few at yard sales for a few bucks each and never sold. I have a aluminum wrench which is my go to.
And I say this for anyone that's used a 36" or worse yet a 48" steel pipe wrench knows that it separates the men from the boys.

I don't have the upper body strength anymore to use those big heavy guys, or the need to use them either when it comes right down to it. For my needs a nice Crescent Wrench fills the bill. I still have a nice collection of M.O.D.'s heavy old wrenches though. I'll enact the "parent's revenge act" and leave them all to my son to deal with when I'm gone, LOL.

Looking at this NIAGARA generator thats going up for auction. Not real sure if I want to get involved in it. Has a HH120 Tecumseh motor on it with electric starter. Not sure but it probably has a tapered crankshaft which sort of makes using for something else worthless. But might be worth just getting the electronic ignition off of it and a few other parts. Certainly don't want or need it for the generator. Thing would weigh a ton to drag around. Might throw a number at it and see want happens.
Screenshot_20240909-183246.png
Screenshot_20240909-183327.png

That would take a man to drag that generator around!

I have a few pipe wrenches around. Oddly enough I’ve never bought a pipe wrench just seem to inherit them. I have a set of rigid aluminum ones at work, and we have several cast ones when you need a cheater pipe.

At the mine we had a 5’ pipe wrench we used on 8” water line. It was a 2 man operation with that sucker! I hated just carrying it. It was probably close to 50lbs.

Wish I had a picture of it. At my former job we had a 36" Ridgid aluminum pipe wrench with a 6' aluminum thick wall cheater pipe bolted on the handle. We called it "widow maker." I don't know how many times 3 or 4 of us would be hanging off the cheater of that thing trying to break loose frozen 5-6" shafts. Somehow none of our wives became widows---LOL!

I have a mini one here, think it is a 8" with a 2 or 3'cheater permanently drove on the handle! I use it more than I ever expected. Then I have a 24" aluminum that had a broken lower jaw. Was in the scrap trailer at work. 14 bucks and I ordered a new jaw and it works like new. To do maintenance on the vairi-speed pulley that 10-12G Massey Fergusons have a couple of pipe wrenches that open up 6" are required so it's good to have them. Got a steel 24" too also from the scrap trailer. Handle was bent a little. I have used pipe wrenches to straighten bent metal lips on various things like snowblades or bent brackets. When most everything a person owns is old used junk, they can be pretty handy!

If you get that generator, and part it out, Bill, if that gas tank is clean I might be interested in it.

DAC

Not sure but it probably has a tapered crankshaft which sort of makes using for something else worthless.
Actually they are very useful. I have a 17hp Briggs twin from a generator powering my snowblower. All I did was determine what the angle of the shafts taper was and bored out a cast iron pulley to that so configuration and it taper locks onto the shaft. Screw a bolt with a large washer into the threaded end of the engine shaft to retain the pulley and your good to go. That pulley is not going to anywhere. Those generator and pump engines can be had for little cost because most people don't want to mess with them. Most don't have many hours use.

Looking at this NIAGARA generator thats going up for auction. Not real sure if I want to get involved in it. Has a HH120 Tecumseh motor on it with electric starter. Not sure but it probably has a tapered crankshaft which sort of makes using for something else worthless. But might be worth just getting the electronic ignition off of it and a few other parts. Certainly don't want or need it for the generator. Thing would weigh a ton to drag around. Might throw a number at it and see want happens.
View attachment 85869
View attachment 85870
This generator went for about $30.
Not to me....not a bad price but doesn't make me too mad..
I had $20 on it. So the next bidder got it. Hope I don't need any ignition parts in the near future.. :mad: assuming they were good..

I plowed up a Rigid 18" cast iron pipe wrench in our garden. It was and still is in nice condition. I'd like to know the story on how it got there as this was farmland for many years.
Might have fallen off someone's tractor that had it just in case it was needed, Chris!

I read on FB on a Tecumseh page I'm a member of that there are adapter kits to convert tapered shaft engines into straight shaft.

DAC

Back