6hp Yanmar Diesel Pull Start

There is an electric start for the L70 & L100 engines for the gensets.

Read the OPS manual. Not only is the decompression needed, I bet there is something you need to do on the trash pump side as well. Then its an easy start. This engine should start with ease like a typical Lawn Boy mower.
You are a big help in all of this. I will try and look at it some more tomorrow.

I always wanted an engine like this. It would be an amazing diesel push more engine too. Just think, fill the tank once and push around several acres before the tank is empty. :cool:

Or in a genset of 9K or 12K ability. Run the genset for up to 3-days before refilling the diesel fuel. Yanmar engines are greatly known for sipping fuel and not guzzling.
If you are interested we can make a deal LOL.

I actually don't know when or if I will ever get a chance to use it on a project. I know I don't need the trash pump.

BTW, use the RECOMMENDED oil for the engine. too thick will make it so hard to start and keep it running. These engines are built to JIS standards and NOT the SAE standards.

The internal passages are narrow in the JIS standards along with the mechanical pumping of the oil all around. And yes, this is the electric start model too. :)

View attachment 78941
Awesome to know. The electric start option would be awesome. Then I don't have to worry about throwing a shoulder out :D

Did I overwhelm you on all the info here. :p

If I had an engine like this, I would never sell it. It's a beast, engineered to work in all kinds of conditions, used in so many applications where normal power is not available.

If the engine is a bit loud, there are optional exhaust mufflers to tame it down more. It is normally fitted with the 72dB to 78dB muffler.
Could be yours :D

It would never be too loud. If anything I would straight pipe it if it were going in a tractor. I used to drive truck and both the Peterbilt's I owned had 7" straight stacks. Nothing like the sound of a diesel. Obviously a straight 6 CAT with turbo sounds better but they all still sound awesome.

Back