'78 Troy Bilt Horse

Lance Skene

Alberta, Canada
So I ended up owning this Horse tiller, same one I had tuned up a couple months ago...the owner called yesterday cause she was having problems with her Ferris ZT and a flat tire on her Kubota 3pt mower deck.... decided she wasnt goona use the Horse anymore so it was payment for yesterdays service call, plus I brought home a couple weedwhackers and a couple Stihl chains saws.... Im way ahead on this deal but she likes to barter so I expect she will soon find something else around the farm I can fix. ;)

She hadnt even started the Horse since I dropped it off in may but it fired up yesterday real nice, and I tested it out a bit when I got home mostly so I could take some new pics of it before I advertise it. Havent looked over the chainsaws or weedwhackers yet... she told me someone tried to start them all for her but 3 out of 4 fuel tanks dont even smell they have had fuel in them for sometime... Im betting her late husband kept them drained when they werent in use since everything on the farm appears to have been maticulously maintained...

006.JPG007.JPG008.JPG009.JPG

You have to be charming the ladies Lance. o_OThat tiller is a good one. Not too big and not too little. I have a friend that has two but won’t part with either one, just sitting outside going to waste.

Lol.... dont believe anyone has ever called me charming.... but these older girls appreciate that Im up front with them and not trying to rip them off, most of this equipment belonged to her husband and she cant, or doesnt want to use much of it... but still needs somebody to maintain the bigger equipment that she does still need... and she's no dummy, she knows this equip is worth money but she also knows the cost of having a dealer mechanic make a service call... so it does work out well for everyone... and I have been in this biz for over 10 years now so Im pretty known in the area, best advertising you can get is word of mouth... or facebook... as long as you have a good reputation. I rarely even look for stuff to buy anymore, the stuff just finds me ;)

so just minutes after I posted this.... same guy that bought my other Sears tractor with snowblower last fall called and offered $300 on the Horse tiller, sight unseen, wants to etrans the funds right away and pick it up next week when he gets the time... thats what a good reputation does for business :D

Last edited:
Back