90s F150

I'd rather have twin I beam setup, than silly McPherson struts on the front end of a TRUCK.
Struts are for go carts, econoboxes. Sissies.
Not for trucks. . Current f150s with their struts supply me with more practice than I need ... I'm always seeing busted springs on those things.and don't get me started on triton engines and spitting spark plugs, I have more time invested in extracting the remnants than I can care to try to recount.

The 96 f150 and it's available family of engines should still be being built. If I had to have a Ford truck they'd be the newest series I'd accept.
There have been a surge of nice rust free ones around here lately. They seem to have been dying off for a few years but I'm seeing more of them again.

Oh and at least as of last model year (probably current ones also) f250 and up still have twin I beam and at least on 2wd models, serviceable front wheel bearings. I replace so many more hub assemblies than I ever did inners, outers and races. It was a simple system that worked and was mostly trouble free.(if you do have to change them occasionally they're much cheaper too)

Back