91 year old primary transportation.

So far going good. Made 2 trips to the lumber yard with June Bug in the last two days and she did great. Haven't got a fan on the heater yet but it stays nice and warm in there. The sounds and smells of driving an old car sure brings back a lot of memories. :)
You can't get a better time machine than that Chris! I bet you get a lot of stares and "thumb's up" as your driving along! Must not have been going to get plywood or long lumber---LOL!

DAC

Must not have been going to get plywood or long lumber---LOL!
No plywood. A chain hook to put on a loader bucket and the next day I had to take it back and get the right size. I never get too old for stupid.
A far as thumbs up, you'd be surprised at the number of middle age and older women that either give the thumbs up or visit. Who'd of ever thunk.

Does June Bug have electric start or are you out front of it hand craning the engine over with the starting rod? I do like the movie Chitty-Bang-Bang.

The 2005 Escalade is not a problem, got a Garmin GPS or smarty phone? You can get real time speed on those. I've done that for 3 years.

No hand crank and not even a hole for one. Guess they figured no one wanted to hand crank an 8 cylinder engine. There's another pedal on the floor you push to engage the starter. When it's warm I doubt it turns over a 1/4 turn and it's idling.

That's what I'm using at the moment. I-phone is stood up on it's side in front of the speedometer. I was in a parts store today and totally forgot to ask about a stepper motor. They are easy to replace if I remember to get one. Duh!

No plywood. A chain hook to put on a loader bucket and the next day I had to take it back and get the right size. I never get too old for stupid.
A far as thumbs up, you'd be surprised at the number of middle age and older women that either give the thumbs up or visit. Who'd of ever thunk.
Sounds like "June Bug" is a chick magnet Chris! Hope your wife doesn't make you sell it---LOL! I understand the old for stupid statement too. I can be so sure of something and then have it bite me in the a$$!

Are you driving it in to Watertown, or is there a town closer?

DAC

Are you driving it in to Watertown, or is there a town closer?
I'm driving it to town so that's 40 miles round trip. It's actually a good car for around town. I wouldn't exactly call it a chick magnet but it seems to bring out the best in people.
I did something dumb while driving in town one day. Pulled out in front of a guy I didn't see. When I did see him and slam on the brakes he's already stopped and taking a picture. No one finger salute or anything just a wave and off we go. :)

Back