A Few Things From HF

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
Staff member
Took the little dog to the groomer today and HF is just down the road otherwise it’s a hour and a half round trip to HF. I wanted to try the Vulcan MiG wire and grabbed a tarp for Hoopdy, and a couple bags of zip ties at only a buck a bag. I haven’t been there in awhile I seen a lot of new stuff. You ever go somewhere that you want to buy something but can’t find anything you need.
F47011FD-B3DF-4AF1-83B8-435F6573EC86.jpeg

My closest HF is 70 & 90 miles either direction. Seldom go East to Des Moines as the Council bluffs store is easier and seems quicker. Like Chris usually go West to HF while the dog is getting groomed, probably next week some one day.

In the last couple years, they have opened store about 20 miles each direction from me, in Frankfort and Danville. Where I work, I have at least three stores within 15 minutes. Getting to where I wish they'd stop building store and use the savings to get prices back to where they were five years ago!

That’s funny I have two about the same distance. The one I like a few employees are annoying especially a certain one. They are always well stocked. He is company programmed covering greeting you very loudly as soon as you walk in the door, upon check out he hits you with all the warranty options then when you say no he hits you with what may happen if it breaks. After all that he will ask you if you want to join their “Inside Track Club”. I was standing in line one day and a guy was buying a $5. flashlight. The guy asked if he wanted to purchase the warranty. The customer looked around at his wife and just laughed. He asked the guy are you serious if it breaks I’ll through it away. The other place is larger but a lot of sale items are not available and the employees are very considerate when you have a problem and they leave you alone.

I went to HF today and just little things added up! I contacted HF due to ever since joining their Inside Track Club, each time I go to store I find someone has changed either my email address or my physical address. You are supposed to get an emailed receipt, and I rarely get one, PLUS now and then I do get one, but from a purchase so called made in other states, which definitely wasn't me! I told them I wanted a new full 3 year membership mailed to me, and this crap needed to stop or I'd stop shopping with them! These changes to my membership card have been done at least 10 to 12 times or more in the last couple years. VERY aggravating, and unsettling that people can somehow slip in and do this! Why they do it I have no idea, unless they don't have a membership and just throw out a phone number to the cashier hoping to land on a true membership, then claim to be me, then change email to their name so they can save $'s.

We are getting one this month sometime. About 20 minutes away.

I need a couple sockets. I’ve broken all my 3/4” and 1-1/8 sockets. None were warranty claims. Truecraft stuff. They have been gone for a long time now.

My Kobalt impact actually split an 1-1/8 socket completely in 2.

They gave me a free one year membership to their club because of some inconvenience they caused on something I ordered. It was their idea the situation wasn’t all that bad I just had to wait in the store until they found it. The only thing I liked about the membership card was just show it to them at the register then they scan it and you don’t have to announce your business out load. That’s probably what happened to you Daniel someone got your info and used it.

About a year ago I used my credit card to pay for meals at Pizza Ranch. Couple weeks later I saw on my car where a $50 purchase of cosmetics was made on line and another purchse of $100 gift card from Cabellas. Called cCabellas right away and the gift card was sent to an email address so went as far as I could go there. Called the cosmetic company and they had not shipped the merchandise yet. Got that one stopped. Credit card company too care of the whole mess and I got a new card. Gave all the information to the local police of that town, had the date and time as well as waiter number that worked the register the evening, Never heard anymore about it.

Our HF is about 10 miles. Been here 5 or 6 years now. I used to have to do an annual trip to one near my sister's house in the Denver area. Still go to that one now and then when she needs tools.

DAC

Back