A little snow and a trial with the B2601

MNGB

Tractorologist
We;; we got 2/2.5" of snow over night so this afternoon I was like a Kid with a new toy had to try the Kubota blower, also wanted to see how long it took to drive from the shop to my house, 12 minutes it takes blew the little bit of snow gave me a chance to operate the tractor &bower and that went good But you are right Chris its takes some practice to get use to the Kubota foot control forward nothing to it but reverse is a son of a gun but I didn't run or back over anything so that was good. Had the diesel heater going had it on high (H6) when I left the shop about 7 minutes of heading for the house turned it down 2 notches to H4 now it wasn't real cold here today about 24*F no sun and I just had a baseball cap and light duty leather gloves and I was comfortable. I like it

I have to read the direction on how to turn mine down. Sure didn't need as many cloths on as I was wearing. We didn't get enough to use the blower yet. Had it cleaned up in short order with just the snow bucket. It was nice being outside though.
Nice to hear your getting to use that new tractor and everything is working good. I don't know what to tell you about the the foot pedal. I could tell it wasn't going to work for me. On my other Kubota I fastened a small block of wood to the reverse side and that worked good.
Went out to start mine and the battery was dead. It's five years old now so I suppose it's about time to replace it.
Sounds like it's going to be getting really cold the end of this week. Highs below Zero. o_O

Glad it worked great for you Gary. Sounds like that tractor set up was the answer for you. No snow here. Well a little but not really enough to bother moving. All gunna melt by Wednesday/thursday.
Same temperature here today as you.

Noel

I have to read the direction on how to turn mine down. Sure didn't need as many cloths on as I was wearing. We didn't get enough to use the blower yet. Had it cleaned up in short order with just the snow bucket. It was nice being outside though.
Nice to hear your getting to use that new tractor and everything is working good. I don't know what to tell you about the the foot pedal. I could tell it wasn't going to work for me. On my other Kubota I fastened a small block of wood to the reverse side and that worked good.
Went out to start mine and the battery was dead. It's five years old now so I suppose it's about time to replace it.
Sounds like it's going to be getting really cold the end of this week. Highs below Zero. o_O
Chris do you have a ON / OFF switch wired in your heater? I don't have one but it will be getting one soon there is a draw on the battery unless the fuse is pulled I learnt that some time back but didn't give it much thought until about a week ago went to start the tractor and noticed it didn't spin over as fast as usual checked the battery and it was low the engine started and I moved the tractor then pulled the fuse and the battery didn't drop over a 5 day period before that it was dropping a tenth of a volt over night,

Hi Chris well this morning we are in the weather alert and its just amazing one weather site says .9" another say 2 to 4" another says a 40% chance of snow so I guess we will see what comes.
Yes I have been watching the heater control it dims so it hard to see but never shuts off I looked at it like parasite draw and it is but the thing ison a vehicle you start it and drive most every day the tractor sits there 2 3 weeks and never gets started

I never did like the foot control on any tractor. My Cub Cadet 1862 has the hand control, as did the last two. Got used to that and like it a lot better. Most people with the foot control think they have to bury their foot to make it move and travel much faster than necessary or safe. Then they want to slow the motor ddown to slow thier ground speed down. Have seen that more than once on mowers I had for sale.

If you ever had a hydro with a loader you might change your mind about that. Makes it much easier to steer and control the wheel when moving with the loader full. I've had both and won't be going back to hand control. Even mowing around obstacles is much easier with foot controls.

I was thinking on the way to town that I never had this problem last year. Thinking and driving at the same time who would have thought that possible. :eek:
Your battery was a year younger and I think last winter we were out about every other day or at least every 3rd day moving snow and see what a snow storm can do got you all revved and thinking and driving gotta be careful though for us older folks that's like kids and driving with cell phones :Do_O

Got a bit more snow a couple of inches yesterday and last night so right after dinner fired up the diesel heater and the Kubota and blew snow for1.6 hrs man oh man is that heater the real Mccoy but the time I finished up had my jacket open the vest unzipped and the gloves off driving in my bare hands like it was summer. And man do I like the Kubota its a great tractor moves snow drives good I just like it

Attachments

• 20240109_144614.jpg
    20240109_144614.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240109_144630.jpg
    20240109_144630.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240109_144639.jpg
    20240109_144639.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back