All these tractors for auction

Lawdawg79

Tractorologist
Rode with some friends who buy used trucks and police cars from the state of Illinois. They had all these tractor sitting up there ready for auction. They might be being bid on now they do it all online. They got a giant idot flatbed diesel truck with the big crash thing on the back for 2grand ibid.illinois.gov

20190910_133739.jpg20190910_133746.jpg20190910_133727.jpg20190910_133736.jpg20190910_132534_007.jpg20190910_133700.jpg20190910_132534_029.jpg20190910_133900.jpg

Looking at pictures more I think we should give them to Tink so he can use them in "Caption This" at the other places..! :thumbs:

Guys these things go for like 2 and $300... sometimes they might go for ten bucks.
Maybe that mower deck. Those tractors will bring much more even if they have their short comings.. Scrap around here was bringing 6 a hundred. And I'm sure they'll bring more scrap price...

I bet some of those tractor fire right up, this state is stupid in the things they give away. I was up there getting 2 police cars chevy SS's w the vette motors and that flatbed and they put new tires on the car and the truck and change the oil and all them before they send them to auction. I bet the thing on the back of that flatbed truck is worth $5,000 itself. Not saying its all great stuff, but you might be suprised. The majority of the non runner stuff just needs a jump start

I bet some of those tractor fire right up, this state is stupid in the things they give away. I was up there getting 2 police cars chevy SS's w the vette motors and that flatbed and they put new tires on the car and the truck and change the oil and all them before they send them to auction. I bet the thing on the back of that flatbed truck is worth $5,000 itself. Not saying its all great stuff, but you might be suprised. The majority of the non runner stuff just needs a jump start
Not all are like that, new tires and oil change then get rid of. I work on alot of the state's junk and usually we will work on a car one time and All seems ok, then next time it comes back it has an issue, there is quite the process usually before we can deadline a car. Usually we come up with a list of what all it needs in parts and labor, and look at book value of the car and the higher ups make the call. Of they are of a certain age or miles it don't take as much to deadline one.
My boss was down last week, I had a caravan to work on, he said "give that one a good look over before doing anything". I got it up in the air and he comes out and said "that one is done". The rocker panels adjacent to the front leaf spring hangers was rotten, so he was concerned about the "just in case" that thing should happen to get hit near there. But yeah some make me shake my head// some they pour a ton of money into for a pile of crap, while others that aren't as bad get deadlined.
The auction site is ibid. It's like the state's version of eBay. I can't bid even if I wanted to because I am an employee.
That $5 orange deck they call OPEI brand, some down at surplus have no clue, OPEI is a testing agency kind of like UL is.
Not a brand of equipment.

Only thing I see GT related is the deck!

Not all are like that, new tires and oil change then get rid of. I work on alot of the state's junk and usually we will work on a car one time and All seems ok, then next time it comes back it has an issue, there is quite the process usually before we can deadline a car. Usually we come up with a list of what all it needs in parts and labor, and look at book value of the car and the higher ups make the call. Of they are of a certain age or miles it don't take as much to deadline one.

My company is HORRIBLE about this. We had a 1995 Chevy pickup. I bet I can dig up 40k worth of work done to that truck in 3 years! transmissions, rear ends, bed falling off of it, new heads, new this, new that. It never ran good, but they said just keep getting it fixed. We could of bought a brand new truck for what we had in repairing that thing.

It broke down across the rail road tracks in the yard, 3 rail cars got loose from the hoist and rolled down the track and took it out. We finally got a new truck.

Back